CHAPTER 42

Taehyung pov

I'm so shocked after hearing what Jungkook said. My mind is in turmoil, and I can't think properly about what to do. I'm scared of how she'll react to the truth.

I glance at Jungkook, whose eyes are also glistening with tears. I gulp and muster the courage to speak.

"H-how do you know this?" Jungkook lifts his head, and I can clearly see anger in his eyes.

"Do you know Y/n has a grandmother who took care of her since childhood?" I nod; Y/n had mentioned that. She also told me her grandmother passed away a few months ago.

"Well, she saw everything that night. She witnessed and heard everything. She kept it a secret, but one day she told in me, revealing the cruel and merciless actions of your soldiers that night," he says, gritting his teeth.

Yeah, I remember everything. But I'm just a little child who doesn't understand much about the world. They don't know the full story about me. If they knew, they'd never blame me like that. I don't care what they say, but what about y/n?

"Will you say this to y/n?" I hesitated to answer this question. Jungkook raised his eyebrows. Honestly, I don't know. I want to tell her the truth, but I'm scared of how she'll react. What if she wants to end this relationship? No, that can't happen. I'll say, but not now.

"I don't know." I looked everywhere but not at him. He sighed and spoke.

"Do whatever you want. I'm really angry at you, but I'll tolerate it because you're her fiancé. Otherwise, I don't care if you're the prince of this fucking  kingdom." He said, glaring at me. I blankly looked at him.

"The other thing is, I can see how much she loves you. I don't want to break her heart. That's why I didn't say anything about her. I know after knowing the truth, she'll become heartbroken. But you have to tell her the truth before it's too late." He leaned toward me and put his palm on the table.

"If I saw a tear in her eyes, that day would be your death," he said with a dangerous tone and was about to leave. But I stopped him with my words.

"No, never. You don't understand how her tears tear my heart apart. I can't bear to see her cry." I said in my deep voice, looking at him.

"You'd better prove your words." I nodded, and he left. I looked at his disappearing figure and sighed.

Y/n pov

I can sense tension between Taehyung and Jungkook. I don't know what they talked about, but it's clear Jungkook doesn't like Taehyung. Could it be because he's a prince? I'm struggling to comprehend the reasons behind their constant glaring. I wish I knew the cause of this tension.

We're seated at the dining table, having dinner. I forgot that little Aru is also here, unaware of Taehyung's presence. Her innocent gaze fixates on him, curious about who he is.

"Unnie, who is this handsome man?" Her sweet voice broke the silence. I glanced at her and offered a smile.

"Oh, I'm Kim Taehyung, your unnie's...Mmm... Prince Charming," he said softly, locking eyes with me. Aru widened her eyes, cutely looking at Taehyung with curiosity.

"Eomma, I also want a prince charming," she cutely said, looking at her mom. I chuckled at her statement.

"Okay, you can get your prince charming when you become a big girl," Soyoung said, patting her head. She pouted and nodded her head cutely. Aww, I want to squeeze her cheeks.

She then stood up and came toward where Taehyung was seated. She spread her arms, looking at Taehyung. Taehyung smiled at her. He lifted in his arms and  made her sit on his lap. She clapped her hands happily. My eyes traveled towards Jungkook, who was looking at his daughter. I think he doesn't like his daughter in Taehyung's arms. I don't understand what's the problem between the two of them so that they can't see eye to eye.

"You're so handsome, Taehyung oppa. Unnie is so lucky," she said, slightly touching Taehyung's cheeks, making us chuckle except Jungkook.

"Here little one , let's eat together, hmm?" Taehyung said, kissing her hair softly. She cutely giggled and nodded happily. I looked at them lovingly. I could see how much Taehyung loves kids. He slowly fed her rice, and Taehyung's eyes sparkled as he looked at this beautiful little creature. Suddenly, he looked at me and smiled. He's happy, and it made me relieved.

His injury is also getting better, but it will take a few more days to heal completely. I want to make him happy. I don't know what happened in his past, but one thing I know is that he went through a lot. He suffered a lot. But it's my responsibility to make him happy now. Suddenly, my thoughts were broken by Jungkook's voice.

"Areum, if you're done eating, then go to bed," Jungkook said a bit strictly, glaring at Taehyung. If they continue to behave like this, I'll punch both of their faces. I sighed and looked at Soyoung unnie. She shook her head at her husband's behavior.

Areum pouted and looked at her dad. Then looked at Taehyung. Taehyung nodded and patted her back smoothly.

"Okay, good night eomma, appa, unnie, and Taetae." She greeted everyone and left. Taehyung chuckled and looked at me.

"You also go and rest. I'll come after helping unnie." I told him, and he nodded, standing up. But not before giving Jungkook a final glare. I sighed, shook  my head. After some time, Jungkook also left.

"Unnie, what happened to them?" I asked as I took the plates from the dining table. Her facial expression changed, and I furrowed my brows.

"Do you know something about why they're like this?" I asked curiously. Judging by her expression, she seemed to know something.

"I-I don't know, y/n. Maybe Jungkook is angry at Taehyung because he's a prince, and we're different from them." I furrowed at her answer. Was there something that I didn't know? I shook my head and helped unnie wash the dishes.

____________________________________

Plz vote for my chapter.

Luv u guysss😘❤️.