CHAPTER 39

Guys, if you're confused about who Jungkook is, you can read Chapter 17.
I mentioned his background there

____________________________________

Author pov

"HEY, GET AWAY FROM THEM," Y/n heard someone shouting. It felt familiar, and she immediately turned her neck toward the source. Her eyes widened and lit up with happiness.

"Jungkook," she whispered, looking at her childhood best friend

"Jungkook," she whispered, looking at her childhood best friend. Jungkook's eyes also widened after seeing Y/n there. His mind played a lot of questions, but it wasn't the time for it.

He saw soldiers coming toward them. He utilized his skills and fought with them. His muscular body was not a joke. Sweats rolled from his forehead,clenched jaw, his eyes focused on each soldier, and no one could easily attack him, making him successfully emerge victorious.

On the other hand y/n patterned taehyung's cheeks for gain his Consciousness. But it didn't work. She gently put his head on her lap not wanting to hurt him.Her heart ached with pain, tears streaming down her face as she witnessed the misery of her beloved.

"Taehyung, please wake up," she pleaded softly, her voice breaking. Tenderly, she brushed a strand of his hair away from his face, her touch filled with love and worry.

"I can't bear to see you like this," Y/n whispered, her tears falling onto Taehyung's pale face. She held onto him tightly, as if her embrace could somehow heal the wounds that marred his once vibrant spirit.

"Y/n," Jungkook softly uttered, placing his hand on her shoulder, causing her to flinch. Her teary eyes met his as he immediately sat beside her.

His gaze then shifted towards the person lying on her lap with numerous injuries. Jungkook couldn't recognize who he was. The villagers had never seen Prince Jin, nor Taehyung, so Jungkook remained unaware that he was the prince of this kingdom.

"Jungkook, please save my Taehyung," Y/n pleaded. Her look was totally helpless, making Jungkook worry. He understood this is not the best time to question, so he lifted Taehyung in his arms. Y/n also stood up and followed Jungkook.
_

Jungkook took Y/n and Taehyung to his house. He couldn't take a risk at that moment because Y/n was so scared right now. After entering, Jungkook went directly to their guest room and made Taehyung comfortable in bed. He looked at the unfamiliar face with curiosity, sighed, and left to call a village doctor.

On the other hand, Soyoung rubbed Y/n's back in a comforting manner. Y/n explained everything that happened in the forest except for Taehyung's identity. She sobbed uncontrollably, blaming herself for everything that occurred and seeing her lover's condition.

"Unnie, what do I do now?" she asked Soyoung while sobbing. Jungkook also looked at his friend's condition.

"It's not your fault, Y/nahh," Soyoung reassured. Y/n shook her head, wiping her tears and looked at her.