CHAPTER 53

Author pov

Author pov

Suddenly, he heard the voice he had craved for so long. He shot open his eyes and looked at her. There she stood, with her teary eyes and her chest heaving up and down like she ran a marathon. Her doe-like teary eyes met with his emotionless gaze.

He couldn't believe if she was real or if it was just his hallucination.  His heart began to beat rapidly, betraying the turmoil within. Only he knew how much he craved her presence in that moment. But his thoughts were shattered by her honeyed whisper.

"T-Taehyung," she uttered in a low tone. He didn't move or say anything but just stared at her.

His heart ached when he saw her teary eyes. He wanted to embrace her and say comforting words to make her calm down. But his mind echoed the words that she uttered to him. She didn't have to doubt his love.

On the other hand, Y/N felt so much guilt after seeing him like that. Because she's the reason for his vulnerable state. She wiped her tears and slowly approached him. But he looked away, making her breath hitch. Now she understood how much her words affected him.

Her heart ached seeing him like that. She knew she had to hear his side of the story too.she blamed him for everything. Now, she regret so much.

"T-Taehyung, please, l-listen to me. I--I'm sorry," she said in a shaky voice, unable to speak properly through her uncontrollable sobs.Yet, the pain intensified when he remained silent, refusing to meet her gaze.

"I-I didn't mean it," she stuttered, her voice trembling with remorse. But Taehyung remained silent, his heart aching with each passing moment.But his heart is already wounded . She had to think before speaking those words. The person he loved with his whole heart doubted his love without knowing the truth. He wasn't angry at her, but the pain caused by her choice of words was undeniable.At least she had to hear his side of the story before saying those words.

"T-Taehyung, please don't ignore me. Say something," she pleaded, her voice shaking. Taehyung closed his eyes tightly, blocking out her words. He clenched his jaw, feeling a pang of sorrow as he heard her sobbing uncontrollably.

Suddenly, they heard the thunderstorm, causing her to flinch slightly. Taehyung glanced up, feeling the cool drops on his forehead.He sighed, realizing that it would start raining in a few moments. Standing up, he gazed at the figure silently crying there standing ,her eyes fixed on him. He also stared back at her.

In that moment, she didn't care about anything else. All she wanted was to talk with him and clarify the situation. But he kept ignoring her, making her even more sadder.

The heavy raindrops started to fall, drenching them both. However, they remained lost in each other's eyes, as if trying to decipher hidden emotions. Her tears mixed with the drops of water, making it harder to see her sadness. Yet, he could still feel the pain in her eyes. He chest tighten seeing her like that. He looked away, beginning to walk away from the scene. But She stood there like a statue, unmoving.