You'll be okay. (Leah Williamson)

Leah had been your girlfriend for about 4 months so far, you usually liked taking things slow. But leah had other things in mind, she had invited you to a family dinner. She didn't really invite you, she told you that you were going. You had never met any of them before

You didn't play football, otherwise you would've probably met her family by now. Sometimes you'd go watch her play but it mostly was last minute. Meaning the seats weren't good, work was a huge part of your life. You were busy most of the time, you and leah barely had any time together. 

You figured you couldn't pull out of this one, after all you'd be spending time with leah and that's all you wanted. 

______

"How do i look?" you asked leah as you walked out of the bathroom. "You look absolutely lovely..." leah smiled walking over to you. You took a deep breath in and let it out. "..You know, they're gonna love you." leah said in a reassuring voice. 

"How do you know that..." you said. "...i'm so fucking nervous.." you stretched your arms and shook your wrists trying to distract yourself. "Hey...look at me." leah cupped your face with her hands. "...it's gonna be okay, you'll be okay." she said reassuring you. "Nothings gonna go wrong...they're gonna love you, if i love you they'll do too." leah said.

"This is you family leah, this is big i need to make a good first impression." you said looking up at her. Leah smiled looking at you, she leaned down to press a gentle kiss on your lips. "It's gonna be okay darling, they're gonna love you." leah smiled at you.

"Promise.." you said looking up at her. "Promise." leah said.

______

Once you both got to the dinner, you walked in holding leah's hand. She walked over to a table, you looked around and instantly recognized everyone. Amanda, leah's mom was first to get up from her seat and walk over to you. 

"It's so nice to meet you sweetheart, you are just beautiful.." amanda pulled you into a hug. "Thank you i can say the same for you ms-"

"Oh please, call me amanda." amanda smiled at you pulling away from the hug, she took your hand and walked over to the other side of the table. You looked back at leah who had sat down, she was talking to this blond girl while amanda brought you to jacob. 

He stuck his hand out and smiled at you. "It's so nice to finally meet you- leah has told us so many things." jacob said shaking your hand. You looked at him and your eyes widened a tiny bit. "Don't worry, they were good things." a guy sitting next to jacob said. You smiled and nodded. "I'm ben." he said. 

"Oh right, it's so nice to meet you as well." you stuck your hand out and he shook it. "Come i want you to meet my mother..she's gonna love you." amanda smiled and walked you over to her. "It's a pleasure to meet you y/n." leah's grandmother said. "It's so nice to meet you as well.." you smiled and shook her hand. 

"You really are beautiful.." she said looking at you, you let out a smile and looked over at leah.

__________

After having a long talk with amanda and leah's grandmother, you made your way back to leah. You sat next to her and smiled taking her hand into yours, she gave your hand a little squeeze. "You see...it wasn't so bad." leah said. "I know...i'm sorry." you said looking up at her. "Don't be...i'd understand if you were nervous." leah said.

"I was..but not anymore, your family is so nice and welcoming...and your grandmother definitely knows how to keep a conversation going." you laughed and looked at leah. "Yeah i was a bit scared she wasn't gonna let you come home with me tonight, she can talk forever..." leah nodded and smiled.

_______

Requested Anonymously.

A/N: Thoughts?