You don't have to go through it alone. (Jana Fernandez)

Warning: Mentions of ACL, injuries.

_______

You didn't hesitate to book a flight once you got the call, you'd do anything for your girlfriend. You took a week off from work, which your boss allowed you to. You lived in England currently, and your girlfriend lived in spain.

At first you were both worried about doing long distance, but you were doing good on visiting so far. You were supposed to visit during the weekend, since you had a three day weekend but this was urgent. It couldn't wait.  

Jana played football professionally, that's why she stayed in spain otherwise she would've probably followed you. But this was the worst thing, the last thing you wanted to happen while you were away.

Jana called you right after her match, she confirmed it herself. She had done her ACL, that was the last thing you hoped it would be. But once you saw her go down on the pitch, you knew it was bad. You weren't expecting it to be that bad though. 

All you wanted to do was be there for her, you wanted to hold her and let her know that she's not alone. You weren't an athlete but you knew this was the last thing they wanted, you knew how much Jana loved playing football. You weren't ready to see her all injured.

_______

Your flight landed and you headed straight to the hospital, the one jana had sent you through messages. A nurse guided you to her room, the hospital was quite empty but once you stepped into the hall you saw Jana's parents. You continued to follow the nurse until she directed you into a room. You stopped and looked at her parents, they looked so distraught. 

Jana's mother nodded and smiled at you, she motioned to the door. You nodded and walked in, opening the door and seeing jana on her phone. 

Jana looked up at you and sighed, putting her phone down. 

"Hey.." you said closing the door behind you. "How are you feeling.." you asked walking over to her.

"How do you think." jana said.

It took you back a little, the tone and the way she responded in. You nodded, understanding she was probably upset still. 

"I brought some snacks if you want some..." you said pulling up a bag filled with her favorite snacks. Jana didn't respond, instead she looked to the opposite side of you. You sighed and sat in the chair next to her, she was laying there looking visibly upset. 

"Listen...i know you're upset- trust me it hurt me seeing you go down like that." you said reaching over to hold her hand. "But you don't have to go through it alone." you said. Jana looked over at you, her eyes were watery and glossy looking. "I'm here..your parents are here, we're all here with you baby.." you said.

"I know..." she said, her voice sounding shaky. "I just...i didn't want this to happen y/n.." jana said. "I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologize...you didn't do anything wrong." you said. "This isn't your fault. Everyone knows that. Stuff like this happens all the time- which is shouldn't...but we can't really control that right now." you said reassuring her none of this was her fault or doing. 

"I'll be here with you, every step of the way...even if i miss work." you said holding her hand. "Wait- you have work- i can't make you stop working.." jana sat up and said.

"Hey lay down, you're not making me do anything...it's my choice. I want to be here with you." you smiled at her. 

"I love you...so much you have no idea." jana said, giving you a smile.

"I'm glad i made you smile...that's all i wanna do right now. Make you happy." you said.

"You make me so happy already." jana smiled at you.

"When are you getting your surgery baby?" you asked. "Tomorrow hopefully, i want it done as soon as possible." jana sighed and laid her head back. 

"What are your parents doing out there..." you looked out the window and looked at them. "I told them..i didn't feel like talking or having company.." jana said looking down at her hospital gown. "You want me to go tell them to come in.." you offered.

"Yes please." jana looked up and smiled at you. You nodded and got the remote control from the couch. "Here you choose something for us to watch." you said. 

_________

Requested Anonymously

A/N: Thoughts?