Good things never last. (Vivianne Miedema)

Ever since you signed for arsenal a couple of years ago, viv was one of the people that became really important in your life. When you first arrived she was the first to show you around, she made sure you fit in even if you felt like you weren't going to. 

She took you under her wing, both her and beth were the closest people you were with during your time at arsenal. You were quite young and your contract didn't expire until next year, you never thought of the day beth or viv would leave arsenal.

In your head everyone at arsenal would always stay there. Obviously that wasn't possible but you didn't want to think or losing either of them or anyone at arsenal. 

When you first heard about the news, you were hoping it was just a rumour. It wasn't though, viv had talked to you about her situation with arsenal and how they hadn't offered an extension. She hadn't told you what her plan was, but you were hoping things would change by the end of the season. In the back of your head you knew what was going to happen though.

_______

You were done with training, you were changing in the locker room when you heard the door open. There was a few girls in the locker room, most of them were still out on the pitch or in the gym. 

You turned to look at the door, it was beth and viv. Beth looked out of breath, viv looked perfectly fine on the other hand. You made eye contact with both of the girls but quickly looked away, you weren't sure of what exactly say to viv.

You saw her out of the corner of your eye as you packed your training bag to leave. You threw the bag over your shoulder and were about to walk out when you felt a slight tug on the back of your shirt. You turned and saw viv standing behind you, a smile planted on her face.

"You in a rush?" she said, her dutch accent coming through. You were a bit confused as to why she seemed so..okay.

"No..." you shook your head slowly. "Come sit.." viv said walking over to the benches. You looked at beth and she seemed to be having a conversation with Alessia and Leah. You sighed and followed viv, you sat next to her and put your training bag down at your feet.

You looked at viv and she smiled at you. "So how are you?" she asked. "I'm..fine." you lied. "Are you sure?" viv tilted her head at you. "Why would i lie viv.." you looked back down at your bag. "You don't think i've noticed you avoiding me...you haven't talked to me in a few days. And you always love talking to me.." viv said, you could feel her staring through the side of your face. 

Viv wasn't lying though, you always loved talking to her. You both played the same position, she showed you the ropes when you first got to arsenal, you looked up to her so much. And now she was leaving.

"I'm not avoiding you.." you shook your head not daring to look at her. "Then look at me." viv said.

You took a deep breath in and looked over at her, she smiled as soon as you looked up at her. You shrugged and shook your head. "Talk to me." she said looking at you. "Is it-" viv was about to talk.

"Don't say it." you looked back down at the ground. 

"Y/n...it was bound to happen-" viv said

"I don't want you to go." you blurted out, looking up at her. "You think i wanted to leave? If it were up to me i'd stay here with you guys forever but...i don't think that would be possible." viv said. You shook your head and looked down at your hands. 

"Hey.." viv said putting her hand on your shoulder. "I'll still be here for you..and for the girls as well i won't stop supporting you." viv reassured you.

You scoffed and nodded. "I guess it's true...good things never last." you said looking up at her. "I dreaded this day you know..." you smiled.

"I know..me too.." viv stood up. "Now come on...this isn't goodbye." viv said spreading her arms apart. You smiled and stood up, walking into her hug she pulled you closer and held you tightly. You didn't pull away instantly, you two were never this affectionate with each other so you weren't sure if this was your last hug for a while. 

"I'm gonna miss you...." you whispered enough for viv to hear. "Me too y/n, me too." 

"Are you coming to our last game.." you pulled away and asked.

 Viv paused for a moment and nodded.

"Yeah..."

______

A/N: i physically, mentally, spiritually cannot do this rn.

(i want to choke jonas)