You know you can talk to me (Katie McCabe)

______________

You were almost done with training, it was the day before the conti cup against chelsea. You played for arsenal and this match was your first big match since you joined arsenal. You looked around, looking at each of the girls. They all seemed fine and ready for the next day, you on the other hand were a mess.

You were so nervous that morning that you were almost going to call in sick, but you couldn't. Your girlfriend katie lived with you, she was going to find out you weren't really sick either way. The anxiety of having to play in front of a sold out stadium was getting to you.

It was when you were almost done with training that you felt your chest tightening, you started breathing really quickly. You knew it was happening again. It hadn't happened in a while, but you recognized the feeling.

You were in the back so it was easy for you to slip out and walk back into the training center. You walked in, holding your hand over your chest as you walked into the bathroom. You leaned over the sink and closed your eyes trying to calm yourself down. Nothing was working though, you looked down at your hands. 

They wouldn't stop shaking, your breathing quickened. You heard the door behind you open and you turned to look at who had walked in. It was katie, she rushed over to you and cupped your face with her hands.

"You're okay...y/n...calm down i'm here now.." katie said putting your head on her chest, she held you closely not letting go of you. "You're okay, just take in deep breaths like we practiced.." katie whispered and ran her fingers though your hair.

Just the sound of her voice calmed you down, the sound of her heartbeat as you had your ear placed on her chest was what did it. Your breathing went back to normal, you weren't sure if anyone else besides katie noticed you leaving training.

"D-did someone else see me?" you asked katie. "No...i said i was going to the bathroom after i saw you walk off.." katie said. "Why don't you tell me what's wrong?" katie asked. 

"I'm just- it's stupid..it's nothing." you lied and looking down at your hand. They weren't as shaky but you felt embarrassed that katie just saw you like that. Yeah, you've been through it before but it hadn't happened in a while.

"I know whatever it is..it's not nothing or stupid. You know you can talk to me." katie looked into your eyes. "I know...." you paused and looked up at her. "I'm nervous about tomorrow...it's my first big game at arsenal- what if i mess something up or what if i do something that'll make us lose-" you went on. 

"Hey...hey...don't say that..it's normal to be nervous." katie said caressing your face. "You're gonna do great, you're an amazing player...and i'm not saying that just because you're my girlfriend." katie smiled at you. You smiled and laughed a little. "There's that smile...don't overthink it love." 

__________

Requested Anonymously