I would never forget. (Lynn Wilms)

You were driving home, alone. 

In your mind, everyone was probably just busy and they didn't forget but deep down you knew they didn't really know either way. You never talked about your birthday to your teammates, only a few people knew. 

Your closest friends.

Then again, you weren't that social so not a lot of people knew. You didn't mind if they told you happy birthday, you just didn't like all the attention being on you. That's why you didn't like surprise parties.

There was one person though, that you for sure would've expected them to remember. Your girlfriend Lynn, she hadn't said anything at all though. Ever since you woke up, she took her own car to training and you had to drive yourself. Throughout training she kept to herself and she left early. 

Maybe she didn't forget? 

Maybe she did and she was getting you a last minute gift. 

_________

You got home and took your keys out, you unlocked the door and opened it. What you saw came as a huge shock to you. A wide smile appeared on your face as you stared at your girlfriend. 

"What is this..." you asked walking in and closing the door behind you. You looked around, there was a huge bouquet of red roses, you favorite flower. There was about 5 gifts on the kitchen table, along with dinner freshly served. There was candles all over the place so it was pretty dim all around the house. 

"Happy Birthday." lynn said, she wasn't in her normal training kit, she had already changed. 

"I thought you forgot.." you said putting your training bag down on the floor. "I would never forget...you know that." lynn smiled and walked over to you. "..I wanted to surprise you..but i know how much you don't like surprise parties so i figured why not surprise you by myself." lynn smiled and cupped your face pulling it closer to hers. She placed a delicate kiss over you lips and smiled as she pulled away.

"I love it...i like these kind of surprises.." you smiled and let your eyes roam lynn's outfit. "I still look like..this." you looked at your own outfit. "That doesn't matter...unless you want to go get dressed, i can wait." 

"I'll be quick i promise.." you smiled, before walking away you pulled lynn closer and placed another kiss. "I love you for this." you said.

"You know how much i love you." lynn nodded and smiled.

___________

Requested Anonymously