You are part of the team. (Arsenal x Reader)

Warning: Mentions of vomit, throwing up. 

________

It was the day you had been waiting for, the conti cup. It was Arsenal against Chelsea, this is what you and the rest of the team had been training for. You wanted to make then proud, after signing your first contract with arsenal you wanted to prove the people wrong. Those who thought you were too young to play with the senior team.

You also wanted to make those who believed in you proud, your family, friends, fans and the rest. You had just had breakfast and were packing to get on the bus, leah was supposed to come pick you up any minute now. You were waiting for her text when all of a sudden you felt nauseous. You had this feeling in your stomach as if everything you had for breakfast was about to come out. 

You rushed to your bathroom and opened the toilet to let everything fall in, you saw pieces of food that you had just consumed not that long ago. You let it all out, after that you sat up on the floor. You stood up and cleaned you mouth, brushing your teeth all over again.

In your head, the breakfast probably didn't set well in your stomach, maybe you were full and forced yourself to eat. Maybe your stomach didn't like the food, maybe that was it. You didn't read too much into it.

_____

You were now on the bus, the whole team was talking with one another while you listened to music on your phone. You had your earbuds on, looking out the window. Ever since leah picked you up, you had a gut feeling that something was gonna do wrong. 

"Hey kid, you alright?" beth and lia sat with you. "Yeah...um.." you put your hand over your stomach, it was that feeling again. "I think i'm just a little car sick..." you sat up properly in the bus seat. Beth reached over for a small plastic bag, she handed it to you and you let it all out. It was a small amount but some of the girls took notice.

"Yeah, that's it let it all out.." beth rubbed your back. Lia gave you a reassuring smile, you finished throwing everything out. Beth took the bag away from you. "I'll take care of this.." beth stood up and walked off. 

"I think we'll tell the medics about this when we get to the stadium y/n..we can't let you play if you're sick." viv said from the seat across from you. "I thought it was nothing.." you said. "You knew you were sick?" leah asked. "I didn't think it was- i thought the breakfast didn't sit well in my stomach..." you said looking at her. 

"Don't worry...you'll be alright..." lia said rubbing your knee. 

Lia was out of the game, she had a knee injury so she for sure wasn't gonna be playing at all. You figured you'd be spending the whole time with her, you felt horrible not being able to play. You looked over to the seat next to you, leah sat down and pulled you close.

"Are you alright?" leah asked.

"Yeah...i'm sorry- i should've told you..." you said.

"Don't be...i just- it suck you won't be out there playing with us..." leah said. "But it's okay don't worry, the most important thing here is your health." leah said rubbing your back. "I really wanted to play..."you said looking up at her. "I know you did kid..." leah gave you a reassuring smile.

________

The team had arrived to the stadium, they got dressed and walked out onto the pitch to warm up. Lia stayed behind you in the locker room, you didn't want to go out there. Seeing all the fans was gonna make you feel shit for not being able to play, even if you couldn't control what your body did. 

"Y/n..." lia said. "I just...i feel shit for not being able to play.." you said sitting down. Lia walked over to you and sat down next to you. "Y/n...it really sucks what happened but...you're not well enough to go out there and play. We're doing what's best for you." lia reminded you.

"I know but...i told my family and my friends i'd be playing. I wanted to make them proud..." you looked at her and said. "Y/n i know, i wish i was out there as well, but the best thing we could do is support the team." lia said. 

"You're right..." you smiled looking around the empty locker room. "Why don't we go out there and be good sports?" lia smiled rubbing your shoulder.

_______

Throughout the game you had been sitting down with lia, next to the medics and watching the game. 

When stina scored and won the game, you wanted to go hug her with the rest of the team. But you knew you couldn't, you weren't even playing. You smiled, that's all you could do. 

By the end of the match, you heard the whistle blow. All the arsenal girls hugged each other and celebrated. They walked around afterwards, thanking the fans. You looked at lia and then at the medics. Lia tapped your shoulder and stood up, holding her hand out. "Come on, let's go.." lia smiled.

"No...i..i can't.." you said. "What? Why not?" lia asked. "I didn't play...i don't think i should-" you said before lia caught you off. "That doesn't matter, you are part of the team." lia reminded you, smiling you took her hand and stood up.

You walked over with lia to join the girls celebrating, you clapped and congratulated them. They had won the conti cop, it was a big deal for arsenal. Especially against chelsea. You walked over to leah and hugged her.

"Congratulations..you did amazing.." you said next to her ear. "Thank you, we would've loved having you out here with us.." leah smiled as she pulled away. 

That feeling came back, you held your stomach and started walking away from leah. A look of concerned was planted on her face, you started walking faster towards the tunnel. You looked around as you stepped into a hallway, you could see a bathroom at the end of it but you knew you weren't gonna make it. Luckily there was a trash can a few feet away. 

You ran to it and held your own hair up, you let it all out. You felt a hand at the back of your head. "I'm here, let it out.." you heard leah say. You let your hair go and she held it up for you. "It's okay, you're okay..." leah whispered rubbing your back. 

You came back up for some air, you caught your breath. You turned your head and saw lia and katie walking over to you and leah. "Oh..." katie said. "You're alright kiddo.." she said pulling you into a hug. You hugged her back and sighed. "I'm sorry-" you apologized. "Don't apologize...you have nothing to be sorry for.." katie gave you a smile. 

"Do you feel alright? We want you to go back out there with us to lift the trophy.." you heard a voice coming from behind lia and katie. You looked and it was alessia, you nodded. "I'm fine..but i don't feel the need to lift it..i didn't even play-" you said.

"Who cares..you're still on the team, you helped get us here..and we won." leah said reminding you. "I'll go...if lia comes as well." you looked at her. "I'll go, we can be there together.." lia smiled taking your hand. 

__________

Requested Anonymously