You made me proud. (Katie McCabe)

The women's world cup was going on, you had traveled to support your girlfriend katie who was representing ireland. During the 4th minute, katie scored an olimpico goal. Straight out of the corner kick, she made it into the net. 

You were with her family watching her, in that moment you were more than proud of her. You what i meant for her to be representing her country. She was the first to score in the match and only in the 4th minute. 

Throughout the game, the ireland girls gave it their all. You could see they were trying their hardest to play well, it is their country they were representing so they had to give it their all.

Unfortunately by the end of the game, Canada had 2-1 on ireland. Meaning they were out of the world cup. You knew katie was going to be devastated, all you wanted to do was let her know how proud she made you.

______

You got to her hotel, she had texted you the room number and the floor. You went up to her room and knocked, she opened the door and looked at you with a disappointed look on her face. 

"Katie.." you said walking in and hugging her, you held her tightly and didn't let go. Katie wrapped her arms around you and didn't let go either. "I'm sorry....y/n...i tried-" katie said. You pulled away and shook your head sideways. "Don't apologize...katie you tried your best...that's all that matters right now." you said. 

Katie shut the door and walked you over to her bed. "I know...but we were so close y/n-" 

"Katie i know for a fact that every girl out there tried their best tonight..i guess it just wasn't enough this time." you said sitting down on her bed. Katie nodded and sat next to you. "But i want you to know that you made me proud." you smiled and held her hand. "You made your whole family, friends back at home, and your country proud. You made it this far, but you still made loads of people feel proud." you reassured her. 

"You mean that?" katie asked. 

"Of course i do...i don't like seeing you like this...do you even know how impressive it is to be the first one to score a goal for ireland in the women's world cup? It's so fucking impressive.." you smiled.

"Well when you put it that way.." katie smiled. You laughed a little seeing she wasn't as upset as she was. "You can be upset...but not forever i won't allow it. I know how hard you tried." you smiled at katie.

"You've made your country proud." you reassured her.

___________

Requested by: Sophiemcc127