People are staring. (Lieke Martens)

Lieke had been your closest friend, she was the one you could go to with anything. She'd always be there for you no matter what it was, you loved that about her. At first you thought, she's just a close friend you had, but later on you started to question your friendship with lieke. 

You weren't sure if it was your brain making you think things but you started to question yourself. Did you like her more than a friend? Sometimes you'd catch yourself thinking of her....not like a friend should.

You weren't even sure if lieke was into girls, so far you only knew that she dated men in her past. That's one of the reasons you wanted to distance yourself, as much as you liked her. You were almost sure she didn't like you like that. 

____

You were doing a pretty good job at distancing yourself, until one day. You got a phone call from lieke, you didn't know if you should answer but you didn't want to completely block her out of your life. You also didn't want to make her suspicious of anything going on, so you answered.

'Hey Lieke..'

'Hey, y/n...where have you been? We haven't talked in what feels like forever..'

'I've been at home..just a bit busy i guess.'

'Oh, well i had a favor...if you're not too busy.'

'You know i will do anything for you lieke...you're my bestfriend, what is it?'

'I had this family party this saturday..i was wondering if you'd go with me..'

'You want me to go..with you?'

'Yeah, i just don't want to go alone...and i know it'll be boring so please?'

'Yeah- yeah, of course...uhm what should i wear?'

'Anything..something fancy maybe..that's what i'm wearing, just not white.'

'Okay..'

'Okay, i'll pick you up.'

_____

It was Saturday, the day of the party. You were all ready and lieke had picked you up, the car ride was pretty silent. You weren't sure exactly what to say, you kept your eyes to the front and didn't look once at lieke.

Once you arrived at the party you stepped out of the car, you tried not to look at lieke too much as you both walked into the where the party was. You walked in and noticed people dressed in fancy clothes, you looked around and your eyes landed on two people

The bride and the groom.

It was a wedding.

"Um lieke.." you said turning to her. "Yeah?" she said.

"This is a wedding.." you said looking at her. "Yeah..."

"I didn't know i-" you paused. "Nevermind..." you said, you didn't want to sound like you were thinking too into it so you brushed it off. 

After lieke pretty much said hi to everyone she knew, you finally sat down in a table it was just the two of you. It felt very awkward for you, it felt like you shouldn't be there. 

"Where's the bathroom.." you turned to lieke, she turned and pointed to a door right behind you. You stood up and walked into the bathroom, you looked into the mirror. You felt like everything was wrong, you wanted to tell lieke how you felt but you knew it probably wasn't right.

It felt like the distancing yourself made everything worse.

"Y/n?" you heard a voice, you turned and saw lieke walking in. She stood beside you and you turned to her. "Yeah?" you breathed out.

"Is everything okay? You look a bit...pale." she said looking at you.

"I'm fine.." you nodded.

"Did i do something? I have this feeling...you've been so distant and away from me.." lieke said. Your heart dropped. "We used to be so close y/n.."

"I know...i just...i can't act like i can just be your friend lieke..." you said. Lieke shook her head. "You don't want to be my friend anymore?" lieke asked you tilting her head a bit. "No...i want to be more...but i know you're not into my like that...so don't worry." you said looking down.

"And how do you know that.." lieke said, you looked up at her and she was just standing there smiling at you. "Because..." you said, your mind went blank. "Do you?" you asked.

Lieke smiled at you and her eyes scanned you up and down.

"Did i tell you how good you look in that.." lieke said with a tiny little smirk on her face. "No.." you smiled up at her. "Well you do...and to make it clear..i invited you as my date." lieke said, she grabbed your hand and walked you out of the bathroom. 

As soon as you stepped out of the bathroom you looked around, you and lieke were still holding each other's hands.

"People are staring.." you said.

Lieke squeezed your hand gently and you smiled looking at her. 

"I don't care..let them stare." she said. 

_________

Requested by: jr0683

A/N: I FEEL SO PRODUCTIVE (i'm procrastinating studying for my final tomorrow)