Chapter 8

"Why is it every time we go somewhere, it's Starbucks? " I asked Desmond. "I don't always take you to KFC to get fried chicken."

"Shut up and sit down," Desmond said, I rolled my eyes and I sat beside Desmond. Linsey and Grayson were across from us.

"So, where's Kali?" Grayson asked.

"Doctors with mama," I said.

"Why didn't you go?" Desmond asked.

"She had to get shots and I don't even like getting shots, better yet watching her get one," I said.

"What shot is it?" Desmond asked.

"It's insulin," I said. "But, some people are idiots and would use it to get high. So they won't give it to you."

"People will do anything these days," Grayson said.

"Has Kali said Gray anymore?" Desmond asked.

"Kali said Gray?" Grayson asked.

"You have a big mouth," I hissed.

"She wouldn't say Des," Desmond said.

"Because she likes me more," Grayson said.

"I don't know why," I said and he glared at me and I smiled. "I'll be back." I got up and I walked to the bathroom, I done my business and I started washing my hands.

"Hey," Linsey said and I looked at her.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"I want you to stay away from Grayson," she said.

"Bimbo, I don't want Grayson," I said. "I'm just on the rugby team with him."

"You think you got him just because of that brat of yours," she said and I clenched my fists and she walked out. I hit the stall and breathed.

~*~

"She what?" Sloane asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"You have to tell Grayson," she said.

"He'll never believe me," I said. "I can handle it."

"You sure?" She asked.

"Yeah, I can't keep my temper down and make sure I'm not alone with her," I said. "I gotta get to practice, talk to you later?"

"Of course," she said and we split, I walked down the hall and I looked down one of the empty ones. I saw Linsey kissing a boy who surely wasn't Grayson. I walked away and to the locker room.

"Braylon, you're late," Brady said.

"I know," I said. "Two laps." They walked out and I started changing. I heard someone walk in. "I'm coming." I turned around and saw Linsey. "What do you want?"

"I know you saw," she said.

"Yeah," I said.

"You're not telling Grayson," she said.

"That you cheated on him?" I asked. "If you want to be that kind of girl, go right ahead because I don't care." I walked past her and to the field, I ran my two laps and I walked on to the field with the boys.

~*~

"Man, it's raining cats and dogs," Sloane said hearing the rain pour.

I walked down the hall and split from Sloane, I walked to the locker room but it was empty. Someone grabbed me and slammed me against the locker, I hissed from the lock hitting my back. I saw a pissed Grayson.