Chapter 14

"Braylon," I heard someone and I groaned, my butt stung and I shot up.

"Grayson," I hissed.

"You didn't wake up," he said and I rubbed my eyes. "We gotta get ready for school." I got up and I went to the bathroom, I done my business and walked out. I got dressed and I looked in the empty playpen.

"Grayson, where's my kid?" I asked.

"Grace and Jordan are downstairs fighting over her," he said and then the door opened.

"No, Grace hit him with the pan and she's feeding Kali now," Michael said.

"Girls so rule," I said and he walked out. Grayson walked out and I looked at him, he looked at my chest and he went in his drawer. He went behind me and put a necklace on me. "What's this?"

"Just wear it," he said, he tucked it in my shirt and I looked down at it. "Come on." I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs, I walked into the kitchen and Kali smiled at me.

"Hey baby," I said and kissed her cheek, so did Grayson and as always, he tapped her jaw with his fist. She laughed and he smiled. "My mom has to work today, can you guys watch Kali?"

"Yeah," Grace said and she looked at Kali. "She's an angel." If she only knew and I knew Grayson was thinking the same with that smirk.

We walked out and got in his car, he drove to school and he parked in his place. We got out he rubbed his side.

"What's wrong? Cramps?" I asked and smiled.

"No, you kneed me last night," he said.

"Oh, sorry," I said. "I'm not use to sharing a bed, but you slapped me last night." He shrugged and I rolled my eyes, we walked into the school and all eyes on us. I saw the boy that kissed and I peeked at Grayson, he saw him too. He sent daggers at him and he looked away, we went to the boys.

"Well, this is new," Monty said.

"Not really," I said.

"You walking in school with Grayson, yeah it is," Zach said. "Plus, I'm am so sore from yesterday."

"That's nothing," I said. "Try outrunning a bullet."

"You can't," he said.

"Wanna bet?" I asked and my phone buzzed. "Braylon's phone."

"Hey Braylon," Doris said.

"Hey, is everything ok?" I asked.

"Um, not exactly," she said. "Chase had a seizure this morning."

"What?" I asked. "He's ok, right?"

"We don't know yet," she said. "Stay at school, you can't see him anyway." I hung up and I slid down my locker and sat on the floor.

"Braylon," Desmond said and he bent down.

"I promised him he'd wake up," I said. "I promised."

"Hey, calm down," he said. "Who did you promise?"

"Chase," I said. "Last night, he had a seizure and they don't know what's gonna happen." Grayson grabbed my arm and pulled me up, he put me against the locker and got in my face.

"Hey, don't you dare let this make you cave," he said sternly. "Ok? Chase is gonna make it." I nodded and he tapped my jaw with his fist. Someone pushed him and I saw Sloane.

"What'd you do to her?" Sloane snapped. "I can make your foot go where you never thought it could reach."

"I didn't do anything," he retorted.