Chapter 34

"Braylon, stop playing," The other boy said.

"Just shut up, my head hurts," I said. "What happened to me?"

"You're in the hospital," The light skin boy said.

"No dip Sherlock," The other boy said, the door opened and a man walked in.

"Hi Braylon, how you feeling?" He asked.

"Don't know, I'm laying in a hospital bed. I must feel great," I said sarcastically.

"You didn't tell us she'd have amnesia," The other boy said.

"I didn't suspect for her to have amnesia, Zach," He said.

"Where's my mom and dad?" I asked. "Are you two my brothers?" They looked at me.

"We'll explain in a minute, are you hungry?" The light one asked. "I'm Desmond, your best friend."

"Yeah," I said and the man and Desmond walked out. "So who are you two?"

"I'm Zach and that's Grayson," Zach said. "You go to our school, do you know the name?"

"Dude, she didn't even know her ow-"

"East high school," I said and they looked at me. "It's on your hoodie. Why would two boys from my school be here? One of you my boyfriend or something, because I'd be happy to kiss either one of you."

"No Braylon, we play rugby together," Zach said.

"I play rugby?" I asked.

"Yeah," Grayson said. "I'm captain and we hate each other."

"Grayson," Zach said.

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

"To watch you," He said, I grabbed his hand and pulled him to me. I pulled him down to my lips, I could feel his cold breath.

"Tell me you don't want to kiss me," I said, his hand went on my butt and smirked.

"I wouldn't kiss you even if you paid me," He said and pulled back. Zach was looking Grayson and Grayson looked at him.

"So what? You're like my protector or something?" I asked.

"No, I'm your guide to surviving high school," He said.

"Why would listen to you if I play rugby?" I asked.

"You'll see," He said, the door opened and Desmond walked in with a girl.

"Who's that? My sister?" I asked.

"I'm Sloane, your best friend, but sister works too," She said and smiled, I sat up letting Desmond put the food tray in front of me. I started eating and I felt something cold on my leg, I picked up a necklace.

"What's this?" I asked. "It's beautiful."

"It's yours," Zach said, I put it on and I started eating again. The door opened again and a woman walked in with a boy. He walked to me and hugged me.

"God you scared me twin," He said.

"Um, I'm sorry," I said. "Are you my mom?" He looked at me and the woman looked surprised.

"Braylon, that's Cindy. Our step-mom," He said.

"That's Carter, your twin," Zach said.

"What're you talking about?" Carter asked.

"She lost her memory," Grayson said.

"Maybe Braylon needs some rest you guys," Cindy said. "It's a lot to take in."

"One of us needs to stay with her," Desmond said.

"I don't need anyone protecting me," I said.

"Do you even know why you're here?" Zach asked and I shook my head. "You were shot, we don't know if they may come back."

"Zach," Sloane hissed.

"She was gonna find out either way," Zach said, they took the tray away and they walked out. I laid down and closed my eyes, I fell asleep.

~

I was sleeping and I fell something touch my temple. I looked and I saw a boy, I slapped him.

"Shit," He said. "I get dared and slapped."

"Who are you?" I asked, the door opened and twins ran in. "Who are you?"

"We're Cason and Caden," One of the twins said.

"Just get Sloane," I said. "Please, my head hurts." They didn't move. "Now." They scrambled out and I touched my head. Grayson walked in and looked down.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You're not Sloane," I said. "Who were those boys?"

"The twins were your step-brothers," He said. "I have no idea who the others were." The door opened and a man walked in, the same one from earlier.

"Hello," I said.

"Braylon, I have good news," He said. "You can leave tomorrow, but it's your choice if you want to go back to school." I nodded and he walked out. I looked at Grayson and I looked down.

"I'm gonna get you some clothes," He said. "I'll be back." I nodded and he walked out, I laid down and I fell back asleep.

~*~

"Come on, I'm hungry," Sloane said and I put my beanie on.

"You try not remembering anything around you," I said. "I don't even know my own parents."

"You'll get it back," She said.

"Not fast enough," I said. "I don't even know who I am." We walked out and out of the hospital, we got in Sloane's car and she drove to I guess my house. We got out and walked inside, I saw three boys and I looked at Sloane.

"It's ok," She said. "They're your brothers. Ben, Bryce, and Blake." I looked at them.

"Hi," I said. "My mom really likes the letter B."

"Mama," I heard a little girl and she ran into the living room.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"That's your daughter, Kali," Sloane said, I bent down and I picked her up.

"Hey Kali," I said and she kissed my cheek. "I'm gonna take a nap."

"Ok, we'll take Kali," Blake said and they took her, I walked upstairs and I stripped. I got dressed in a shirt and I laid down and I drifted off to sleep.