Chapter 24

I was trying to get Kali to eat but she kept refusing. She's sick and wouldn't sleep last night, so I had to miss school and watch her. That's part of the reason I missed school.

"Ok, how does Cheerios sound?" I asked, I got up and poured some on her tray. I fixed me a cup of coffee even though it was nowhere near morning. I leaned on the Island and I heard the door open. Sloane walked in and dropped her bag, she walked in the kitchen and leaned on the island across from me.

"How can you leave me hanging at that prison?" She asked.

"Kali's sick so I had to watch her," I said. "I really wish they made baby medicine to make them stop crying. So anything interesting happen as school?"

"Nope, boring," She said. "Grayson was more of an asshole as usual."

"Not surprising," I said, she looked towards Kali and I saw her neck. She had a hickey but she was trying to cover it. "I'm gonna try and get her to sleep." I walked and picked her up, I walked upstairs and I laid her down. Surprisingly she fell asleep instantly, I walked back out and downstairs.

I walked to the living room and I looked at her, she walked to me.

"I thought of all people, you'd be the one to always be loyal," I said.

"What're you talking about?" She asked.

"You like sloppy seconds too?" I asked.

"Braylon, let me explain," She said.

"What is there to explain?" I asked trying to hold back my anger.

"Why do you care? You two didn't even date," She snapped.

"But you knew what happened between us and you still let him get a feel," I spat. "I trusted you, but instead you just turned out to be a backstabbing bitch." My cheek stung and I clenched my jaw.

"I never said anything to you when you kissed my ex boyfriend, you've been with more guys than me," She spat and I slapped her harder.

"I didn't know that was your ex boyfriend until now," I snapped. "I told you everything and you betrayed me."

"You're life is to complicated for me to even keep up," She spat and I tackled her.

"I told you because I trusted you, I thought you'd never be like Sophie," I snapped and she kicked me, she pinned me.

"I didn't sleep with him!" She yelled.

"That doesn't make it any better! You wanna go kiss Chase too?" I yelled back and I pushed her off. I sat up. "I needed someone to talk to and calm me down."

"So did Grayson and you kicked him out!" She yelled. "You of all people I never thought you'd do that."

"You don't know anything Sloane," I spat.

"You say stuff too Braylon, you don't know if it hurts him or not. Grayson is pretty good at hiding his feelings but you don't care," She said.

"Grayson has hurt me in more ways than one," I said with anger.

"You could've stopped it but you didn't," She said. "I was the one who became friends with you knowing the risks."

"Of what? Getting close to them thinking they'll leave you alone?" I asked. "It doesn't work like that."

"Not everybody uses you Braylon, I picked up your books because I wanted to be friends with you. I didn't care about anything else. If you could stop thinking bad about everyone, you can actually see who really cares about you," She said. "I know how it feels to not have anyone. My dad is in the military and I haven't seen him for a year. I cringed every time I hear that phone rings, because I'm terrified of getting that call. It's not even any of your business."

"I didn't know," I said and she got up.

"Maybe actually think someone other than yourself," She said and she walked out. I looked down and I got up, I hurt her and I couldn't let that happen.

~*~

I was leaning against the island talking to Zach, then Desmond ran in.

"Where's he at?" He asked.

"Who?" I asked.

"Zach said he found my ninja," He said.

"Zach," I said.

"You just told me to get him here," Zach said.

"Am I in trouble?" He asked.

"No," I said. "You're gonna help us."

"With what?" I asked.

"A boy is interested in Sloane and he's not exactly the one to keep a relationship," I said. "Sloane and I kinda had a fall out, but I can't let her get hurt."

"So, you want us to beat him up?" Desmond asked. "I'm pretty sure you can do that on your own."

"No, I want to test him," I said.

"So, how is this suppose to happen?" Zach asked.

"Jayden asked her on a date, we're gonna monitor its but they're not gonna know," I said.

"How?" Desmond asked.

"I'm going on a date with Zach," I said. "We just got to get along for at least two hours."

"Why am I here?" He asked.

"We gotta make it look not obvious," I said. "Zach, so I can get a little on my dads side. You gotta get him to give you his blessing."

"Wait, what?" He asked.

"Come on, you're one of those boys who can charm the parents," I said. "I'll be there to help."

"I can't believe you're going through all this trouble," Zach said.

"Sloane was a true friend and I hurt her, even if we don't make up. I'm not letting a boy hurt her," I said.

"You are a good friend," Desmond said.

"I wasn't to Sloane," I said. "But if there's a will, there's a way."