Chapter 53

Braylon's POV

Now I see how mom felt when we jumped on her bed waking her up early. Now it was Kali jumping on me yelling mama.

"Five more minutes," I said and pulled the pillow over my heard.

"Braylon, come on," Blake said and I groaned, I finally got up and picked up Kali. She had on the hat the guys gave her, every time I went to take it off, she'd freak.

We walked downstairs and I saw Chase with a present bow on his head. Kali's eyes widened at him and he smiled as well did I, I sat her down and she ran to him.

She was trying to play with everything and Chase couldn't get one open before she moved to another.

"Hey," Ben said and handed me coffee, I sighed as I took it.

"Thank you," I said and took a sip, Bryce was helping pick up the wrapping paper.
Chase was playing with the toys with Kali and his smile was huge. He had his beanie on, his hair was growing back slowly but surely.

"Mama," Kali said handing me a toy.

"Yeah I see," I said and she smiled big and started playing again.

"Cookie," she said.

"You're gonna make me hungry," Chase said and she looked up at him and looked back away. His smile faltered and I moved over to them.

"Kali, can you give daddy a kiss and a hug?" I asked and she kissed Chase's lips and hugged him, he smiled at he hugged her back.

"Merry Christmas, babydoll," he said and I touched his arm and he looked at me. He kissed my head and I looked at Kali. I couldn't ever love Chase like I use to but he did deserve love now. He changed and he proved he changed.

"So Braylon, you going to the New Year's Eve party?" Blake asked. "The huge one all the rugby players take over?"

"I think I'm gonna stay home with Kali and watch the ball drop," I said. "Kinda what a mother does."

"You aren't even gonna attempt to talk to-"

"It's Christmas morning," I cut him off. "Don't."

"Fine," he said and stomped away in his elf slippers.

"Uncle Blake is silly," I said and tickled Kali as she laughed. "Just like his little niece." She snorted and I laughed hard, so did Chase and he bit his lip. "Is something up?"

"Trying to capture the fact I'm spending Christmas with my daughter," he said. "I thought I was gonna spend it alone."

"Never," I said and touched his face. "I wouldn't do that." He looked at me.

"I didn't deserve to start over like this, I hurt you Braylon," he said.

"Hey, take it and appreciate it," I said. "Ok? The past is the past, just don't hurt me in the future."

"I promise I won't," he said and I nodded looking back at Kali. "Or her."

"I know, you learned your lesson," I said and squeezed his hand.

"Kales, you missed a present," Blake said and he brought it over.

"Uh, Santa doesn't recognize that," I said.

"To Kales, from secret admirer," he said and Kali opened it and Chase helped. He pulled out a picture frame, he showed it to me. It was Kalianna in cursive and her song lyrics at the bottom.

She pulled out a bear and hugged it. It started singing her song and her eyes widened.