Chapter 29

Today was the day, the big game against Riverside. I had my bitchface on, I had so many emotions.

I put my jersey on and my shorts, Grayson walked in as I was tying my cleats. We haven't talked or even looked at each other. It was stressful since we had to cooperate tonight. I walked out with the team and I saw Sloane, Desmond walked to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's nothing, someone suppose to come but they didn't," She said, Zach tackled me and sat on me.

"Sloane!" I yelled and she looked at me. "Please." She ran to me and tried pushing Zach off.

"What do they feed you?" She strained pushing him. Then Desmond tackled her and sat on her. Suddenly it was nothing there, I looked up and saw a man had pulled Zach and Desmond off. I smirked and Sloane groaned.

"Des, I think you ate to much KFC," She said.

"I can cut it out of him," The man said and she froze.

"No," She said and her voice cracked, she looked up and she got up, tears were already falling. She jumped up and he caught her, she started crying.

"Baby girl," He said and rubbed her back. Suddenly her brothers came up, you could see them holding back tears. He put Sloane down and he hugged the boys.

"You lied to me you mean daddy," Sloane said. "I thought you got delayed."

"Let's just say, there's a girl that can be scarier than my drill sergeant," He said and Sloane looked at me.

"B-Braylon you did this?" She asked and ran and hugged me. "Oh my god, thank you."

"My dad was in the army, I know people and I owed you," I said. "Also, I'm not the only person you should be thanking." We moved and Jayden walked up.

"Jayden?" She asked and tried to wipe her face. He smiled and walked to her, he lifted her chin.

"You're beautiful, Sloane," He said. "I deserved that slap and you never deserved to feel that way. You were never a victim to me Sloane, I really like you." She blushed and smiled.

"So, you're gonna take me out again?" She asked.

"No," He said and her face fell.

"May I remind you I can stab your liver with your rib?" I asked with anger.

"Zip it, Braylon," He said. "I won't ever take you on a date, unless I get your fathers blessing. He was away and I didn't really like that was a real date because I never ask the man who raised such a wonderful daughter." She smiled.

"Suck up," I mumbled and he shot me a look and I looked across the field. Then he looked at Sophie and she looked at me and smirked. He looked back at me.

"Braylon, leave it alone," He said. "You got the game, don't let her ruin this."

"You sure I can't punch her just once?" I asked.

"Punch who?" I heard Chase and we looked at him, he looked confused. "What'd I do?" He looked across the field. "Oh." He didn't look back.