Chapter 39

Grayson's POV

I was watching my TV, when my front door opened and Zach and Desmond walked in.

"Um, may I help you?" I asked.

"We oppose to what you did to Braylon today," Zach said. "Everyone was laughing, she was mortified."

"You don't even know what happened," I snapped. "It's best in your interest, you leave it alone."

"So, you feel nothing for Braylon?" Desmond asked.

"Not anymore," I said. "Look, Braylon will be fine." They shook their heads and we done a bro shake.

"We'll catch up with you later," Zach said and they left, I was watching criminal minds. I started thinking about Braylon and Kali, I turned off the TV and grabbed my phone. I walked out and I walked to Braylon's house. I opened the door and shut it.

"Braylon," I called. "Kales." I walked to the kitchen and I saw the cabinets were open. Some of Kali's cups were gone and some of her food. "No, Braylon." I ran upstairs and into the nursery, Kali's drawers were open and diapers were missing. I saw her toys were gone too, but I saw Kali's favorite bear, Braylon wouldn't leave that. I ran to Braylon's room, it was clean, but her phone was on the bed and I didn't see any sign that clothes were missing.

I ran downstairs and I pulled out my phone, I texted the boys 911. I walked to the kitchen and closed the cabinets, I went to the nursery and cleaned up. I grabbed the bear and I gripped it. I heard the front door open and I walked downstairs, I saw Zach and Desmond.

"What's wrong?" Zach asked.

"Braylon left," I said. "She got Kali's stuff and she left."

"No way, Braylon wouldn't just leave,"
Desmond said.

"Tell that to the important stuff people need to run away," I snapped. "She down it before."

"Hey, don't snap at him," Zach said.

"I'm sorry, Des," I said. "She took Kali just because I didn't say yes, it's not fair."

Braylon's POV

I woke up and blinked a couple times, someone was in my face and I jumped back.

"Where am I?" I asked and I rubbed my head.

"Uptown, behind the pizza inn," She said. "What's your name sweetie?"

"Braylon," I said.

"You're not a corner girl, are you?" She asked.

"No, I'm in high school," I said. "I have a kid, oh my god, Kali." I went to get up but she pushed me back down.

"You need to rest dear, she's eating pizza," She said. "She's fine. What happened to you?"

"It's all blank," I said. "Why am I here?"

"Some boy dropped you and the kid off and we thought you were some unfit prostitute mother," She said and she handed me a water. I chugged it. "How old are you sweetie?"

"17," I said.

"What school?" She asked.

"East high," I said.

"Aye Papi, take her to her home," She said, I stood up and a boy walked to me with Kali.

"Come on," He said, we walked to a car and got in, I told him how to get to my house and we stopped.