Chapter 22

Grayson's POV

I walked into the house and the boys and Grace looked at me.

"Yo, what's wrong?" Michael asked.

"I'm an asshole," I said.

"We knew that, but what happened?" Jerry asked.

"I'm pretty sure Braylon will never trust me will Kali again," I said.

"Why? I thought she trusted you with Kali's life," Jordan asked.

"My mouth got me in trouble, I know I can still see Kali," I said. "But I can't let Braylon believe I'd hurt her."

"Why would she think that?" Grace asked.

"Desmond kicked Kali on accident and I didn't care. I knew Desmond would take care of her," said. "But I was playing with Kali and she fell backwards, Braylon thought I hurt her on purpose. I would never hurt Kali, no matter how mad I am."

"What'd you do to Braylon?" Jerry asked.

"Nothing," I said.

"Braylon had a reason to think that, what'd you do to her?" He asked again.

"I had her by her hair," I said. "I forgot Kali was in there, she watched me and her face made me feel terrible. I mocked her when she called me daddy, I fucking mocked her. I never wanted Kali to see what I do to Braylon. I never want her to think a boy can treat her like that."

"Grayson, you know better than to put your hands on a girl," Jordan spat.

"Braylon is not an ordinary girl, she's tough," I said. "She was already pissed at me because I went to second base with Sophie."

"Grayson, wasn't she the one who betrayed Braylon?" Jerry asked.

"Braylon and I were pissed at each other at the time, me and Sophie ran into each other at the mall," I said. "She kissed me and it went downhill from there. I was thinking about myself and how it would hurt her. Afterwards I couldn't tell Braylon, Chase went into a coma and that was enough for her."

"So you care about Braylon?" Grace asked.

"No, I knew Kali needed her mom and she didn't need to see Braylon like that," I said. "Braylon knows how to push my buttons and I have to remember she's a girl, I can't punch her."

"Have you hit Braylon before?" Jordan asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Once, I've threatened Braylon and I pushed Braylon around. I never hit her."

"Grayson, I've seen you with Kali," Michael said.

"So, what?" I asked. "Braylon wants to play both roles, she can. I'm not gonna go through the bullshit just to take care of a baby that isn't mine."

"What's wrong with you?" Jerry asked.

"I've faced the truth, I've made my mind up," I said. "I'd rather lay a girl down than Kali. I'm not let that ruin my last year of high school."

"Do you know how stupid you sound right now?" Grace asked and stood up, she walked to me.

"Ok, I've already dealt with enough bitchy girls today, I don't need you to add on," I said and he swung but I grabbed her wrist. She pulled away and glared at me. "You gotta go faster than that Gracelynn." I smirked, someone knocked on the door and Carter walked in. "Can I help y-" I could finish before he punched me, I almost lost my balance.

"Braylon can be a bitch but touch my sister or my niece like that again, and I'll show you how your foot can go where you thought it couldn't," He snapped and Braylon came in.