Chapter 27

Four days. 96 hours. 5760 minutes.

That's all the time I have until the big game against Riverside.

Coach was pushing us harder and I thought we were gonna break.

"Ok, take a knee," Coach said and we sat down tired. "As you know, the big game is this Friday. The pep rally is Wednesday and homecoming is that Saturday." We cheered and he shushed us.

"Listen, this is a home game and do you want to get beat on your territory?" He asked

"No coach!" We yelled.

"Then we play like we mean it," He said. "I don't want you all getting sidetracked about homecoming. You guys asking girls and getting distracted, rules are still the same." We nodded. "One rule, Braylon is off your limits."

"What?" Desmond asked and they looked at him. "What? I need a back up plan." I rolled my eyes and we looked back at coach.

"I'm not going to homecoming," I said.

"No way," Hayes said. "You gotta come."

"I don't have time to be buying a dress and getting all dolled up. I have Kali and I'd rather be home with her than at some dance," I said.

"Excuses," Zach said.

"Zip it, Brewer," I said.

"You did Saturday," Grayson spoke up and I was shocked.

"What'd you do Saturday, Ms. Braylon?" Brody asked.

"Braylon, you know the rules," Coach said. 

"Coach, do I look like I'd turn down food?" I asked.

"Then who was the boy?" Monty asked. "What's his name? Criminal record? Does he even have a monkey?"

"None of your business, I don't know, and who has a pet monkey?" I asked.

"Dora," Desmond said.

"What's wrong, Braylon?" Grayson asked. "Why won't you say his name?"

"It's not your business," I said.

"Who watched Kali?" He asked.

"She's none of your business either," I said. "Where were you Saturday?"

"With a girl," He said.

"Not surprising," I said.

"You didn't ask me what girl," He said.

"Am I suppose to care?" I asked.

"You're suppose to care if it's Kali," He said.

"You didn't watch Kali," I said.

"I did Braylon," He said. "So sad when you don't know who's watching your kid." I clenched my jaw and gripped the grass.

"She went with me Grayson," Zach said and we looked at him.

"What?" He asked.

"How'd you watch Kali?" Zach asked. "You weren't even there."

"You went out with Braylon?" Grayson asked ignoring him.

"So what? It's not like you should care," He said. "For once she doesn't have to be arguing with you."

"What's wrong with you?" Grayson snapped. "You got something for her?"

"Braylon and I are friends, maybe you should try it," He snapped. Grayson tackled him.

"Guys," I said, I grabbed Grayson as Desmond got Zach. "Calm it, Grayson."