Chapter 25

I was in the passenger seat, Zach driving, and Desmond in the back singing. Heading to the last place I thought I would go.

It took Zach five outfits before we could even leave the bedroom. He parked, but he didn't move.

"Zach, they're not gonna kill you," I said.

"Two of them have guns," He said.

"Come on," I said and we got out, I grabbed Kali. We walked and got to the steps, Zach knocked on the door and we backed away. The door opened and Cindy looked at Zach.

"Hi, can I help you?" She asked and he smiled a little.

"Is Mr. Monroe here?" He asked, she looked confused and I walked beside him. She looked surprised.

"Is dad here?" I asked and she nodded, we walked in.

"Right in here," She said, looked around and it was a nice house. We walked to the living room, dad, Blaire, and Max were there.

"Braylon," Dad said.

"Hi dad," I said.

"Braylon, I don't think you should be here," He said.

"Cameron, she has a boy with her," Cindy said.

"Who's this?" dad asked.

"I'm Zach, sir," He said.

"What're you doing here?" Dad asked.

"My older sister always told me I had to ask the dad first," He said.

"And figure out many brothers she had," Desmond mumbled and Blaire chuckled.

"I know you and Braylon have complications, but I still want to ask your permission to take Braylon out," He said. "Sir."

"Do you know who I am?" He asked and leaned forward. "Other than Braylon's dad?"

"You were in the military and a lawyer, I think that's what Blake said," Zach said. "You are now a doctor and Mrs. Monroe here is a lawyer." He looked at her. "I've heard she's the one of the best."

"I like him," Cindy said and smiled, he looked back at dad and he looked at me.

"Braylon, what're you doing?" He asked. "Is this a joke?"

"I've never been on a date, I thought you'd like to do this," I said.

"Why should I?" He asked.

"Cam, she's your daughter and she wants your permission," Cindy said. "Stop treating her like that." I looked at her.

"Cindy," I said and she looked at me.

"I shouldn't have d-"

"No, I am sorry for how I talked to you. If my mom could talk to you, I should've been more mature about it. I always thought of you as the evil step-mom," I said. "My mom taught me more respect than that, I don't want you to think I'm some wild child that wasn't raised right." I looked back at dad, he was looking at Zach. I heard the door shut and boy voices. The twins and Carter walked in.

"Uh, what's this?" Caden asked, Carter's eyes were focused on me but I looked away.

"Zachary, I respect your decision of asking me, but I just don't think it's gonna work," He said.

"Cameron, come on, he asked for permission," Cindy said.

"Permission for what?" Caden asked.

"To take Braylon out," Zach said.

"Blaire, why don't you join them?" Cindy asked.

"What?" Blaire and I asked at the same time.

"It gives you a chance to get to know each other," She said, Desmond walked to Blaire and held out his hand. She took it and she stood up.