Chapter 44

I woke up and I saw Hadley next to me, I got up and I stretched. I walked downstairs and we had visitors. Grayson and Zach was drinking coffee, and Aaron, Jack, Taylor, and Carter were there too.

"Seriously?" I asked and they looked at me. "What're you doing here?"

"Ok grouch," Aaron said and stood up. "I came for Hadley."

"I left there yesterday and one person cared enough to come after me," I said.

"No fair Braylon," Carter said.

"Look, we thought you left because uncle Cameron was mad you made aunt Cindy cry," Taylor said. "Hadley eavesdropped, she heard what happened and she went."

"I made Cindy cry by telling her how I felt, dad didn't give me anytime to tell him the truth," I said.

"Aunt Ruby has a big mouth, but why did it matter of who invited you?" Jack asked.

"I haven't spoke to my dad for years, I believed he wanted something to do with me. Boy was I wrong, he's ashamed of me," I said.

"He's not ashamed of you," Carter said.

"You sure because it seems like it," Grayson said.

"We really don't need your honesty right now," Carter said, I heard a yawn and Hadley came downstairs.

"Cameron never denied not being ashamed of her, he told her to get out," She said.

"What in hell happened to your eye?" Aaron asked.

"We played rugby and I hit her on accident," I said, I walked to Grayson and pecked my lips.

"No way," Carter said. "You actually can get more stupid." I looked at him.

"Carter,"

"We'll go outside," Aaron said and the four walked out.

"No, he's done nothing to deserve you," He snapped.

"You were there that day," I said.

"You use to be smart and could see through people's acts," He said. "Looks like you're getting a little rusty."

"You don't even get it," I said.

"I'm a guy and a guy has needs and he needs a way to Kali. Has he tried to sleep with you yet?" He asked and I bit my lip. "Thought so, seriously, come on." I looked at Grayson and he wasn't affected by this.

"You're not gonna say anything?" I asked. "So he's right?" He stayed quiet I walked past Carter and got to the first step.

"Braylon," Grayson called. "Braylon Paige." I turned around.

"What Owens?" I asked.

"Come on, don't be like that," He said. "I told you I'd wait as long as you wanted too."

"It's just so convenient, the first night we get together you make a move," I said.

"Braylon, I didn't say all that stuff for the hell of it. I said because I meant it," He said. "I gave you that necklace because I trusted you with it."

"I don't know who it belongs too," I said and Zach looked at him. "You never told me."

"It belongs to Alayna, I got it for her on our birthday," He said. "She was my twin sister and I killed her a week after our birthday."

"You didn't kill her," Zach said.

"I was driving," He said.

"It was a drunk driver," He said and Grayson looked at him.