Chapter 17

"Yeah, it's a ball," I said to Kali and she smiled, I laughed. It's been almost a week, I haven't spoke to any of the boys. It's more difficult that I thought it would be.

I kissed Kali on the cheek and I grabbed my bag, I walked out and I drove to school. Today we have a game, but I don't know against.

Ld loans smiled at me and I smiled back, I hugged her and we walked to first core. Basically it was a test for first and second. I walked to my locker and I opened it as my phone buzzed.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Braylon," Doris said.

"Dory, I don't h-"

"Braylon, it's bad," She said. "This morning we couldn't get him to respond and we still haven't." I hung up the phone and I went down the hall, I got in my car and I drove to the hospital. I went up and I went to Chase's room. His bed was made with the white sheets and I shook my head, I went down the hall and I saw a nurse.

"Where's Chase?" I asked and she directed me, I walked down the hall. It felt as if every step I took my heart sped up. I got to the room and I walked in, he was laying on the bed. He had a tube up his nose and a IV in his arm, the machine was beeping and I couldn't move.

"He was clutching a picture when we found him, his depression has worsened," The nurse said and I walked over to the other side. I saw the picture, it was me and Kali. I moved his hand and I laid beside him. I put my arm on his chest, I laid my head on his chest, and put his hand behind me. I kissed his cheek and I laid back on his chest.

"Don't leave me, Chase," I whispered. "Please."

~

I felt someone shake me and I looked at Doris.

"Hey," I said and sat up.

"He's gotta go for some tests, why don't you go home?" She suggested.

"I want to be here," I said.

"I promise if anything changes, just a twitch and I will call you," She said and I got up.

"Ok," I said and got up, we walked out and I saw I had no missed calls. Wow, nobody noticed I was gone.

"Hey Braylon," Doris said and I looked at her. "We just got a new cancer patient, he's been down. You mind talking to him?"

"Sure," I said and she took me to his room. She walked away as I walked in. He was looking out the window. I walked beside him.

"It's a beautiful view," I said.

"I can see the rugby game from here," He said and looked at me. "Who are you?"

"I'm Braylon," I said.

"I'm Jackson," He said.

"So, you like rugby?" I asked.

"Yeah, I use to play but then well you know," He said.

"How would you like to go see that rugby game?" I asked.

"Really?" He asked and I nodded.

"I gotta ask but I'm pretty sure they won't mind," I said, I walked out and went to Doris. Of course she said yes and I walked back. "Get changed, we got a rugby game to see." He smiled a little.