Chapter 16

"Kali, stop playing with your food," I said and she ate the fry. "You ready for the park?" She smiled and I chuckled, I picked her up and I threw the food away.

I got to the park and I grabbed her hand, I walked with on the playground and she grabbed some of the mulch.

"No Kali," I said and she dropped it. She ran to the swings and I put her in. She laughed and squealed, I laughed. "You wanna go slide?" She smiled and she ran, I put her at the top and she slid down.

"Mama," She said and clapped her hands. She ran and hid behind the slide, I walked around.

"Boo," I said and looked under the slide, but Kali wasn't there. "Kali." I looked around. "Kali." I went through the other kids and I turned and Desmond walked out with her. I let out a breath of relief. "You can't do that, Des."

"Calm down," He said and Brody and Brady walked out.

"You guys stalking me?" I asked.

"No, we were hanging by the field." Brody said. "We saw you and came over here."

"Guys, you are 17, you can't play on the playground," I heard someone and Grayson walked out. "Oh." Kali reached for him, but I took her.

"Braylon," Desmond said, Kali started crying trying to get Grayson.

"You still think you made the right choice?" I asked Grayson.

"Yep," He said. "You wanted the truth and I gave it to you." I walked away and I put Kali in the car. I shut the door and turned around to a boy.

"Hey Braylon," He said and I looked at him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I can't talk to you?" He asked.

"You date my ex best friend," I said. "Sloppy seconds I guess." I went to walk past him but he pushed me back against the car. "Tyler, get out of my way."

"If I don't?" He challenged and I went to punch him but he grabbed my fists. He unclenched it and intertwined his fingers with mine. "I know every trick, Braylon." I took my hand away and he smiled.

"You don't have anything better to do than harass me?" I asked.

"It's not harassing, it's a friendly visit," He said.

"Well friendly, get out of my way," I said but he blocked me. "What do you want?"

"To not play that Riverside game," He said. "I've heard you're good but you step on that field and-"

"And what?" I hissed.

"You won't leave without bruises," He said.

"I'm playing that game whether you like it or not," I snapped, I moved past him and I walked around. I got in and I left, I drove to the hospital and I got Kali. I walked in and I went up, I saw Doris. "Hey, can you watch Kali for me? I just have to talk to Chase." She nodded and took her, I walked down the hall and got to Chase's room. "Chase, you won't believe wh-" my heart dropped and my throat went dry. I stopped when I saw him, but he wasn't alone. He was kissing Sophie, they pulled apart and Chase looked shocked and Sophie was smirking.