Chapter 30

I woke up and I saw the bed was empty, I yawned and I got up. I walked downstairs and saw the three boys and Kali were in there. Bryce was feeding Kali, Blake was on his phone, and Ben was cooking pancakes.

"Mama," Kali called and I looked at her and smiled.

"Hey baby," I said and walked over to her, I kissed her cheek. "Is uncle Bryce feeding you?" She smiled and laughed, I chuckled.

"Hey, are you going to the dance tonight?" Blake asked.

"No, are you?" I asked.

"Duh, how are you not going?" He asked. "You made the winning point."

"It's just not my place," I said. "Plus, nobody asked me. Who'd you asked?" He bit it lip. "Blake."

"I didn't ask anyone, someone asked me," He said.

"Well, who?" I asked.

"Makayla Martin," He said and I looked at him.

"You said yes?" I asked and he looked at me.

"She asked me before the game," He said.

"Oh," I said and looked at Kali.

"Braylon, don't do that," He said and I looked at him.

"Do what Blake? Are you forgetting what happened?" I asked.

"It's not like I'm gonna date her," He said.

"Have fun then," I said.

"Braylon, you want pancakes?" Ben asked.

"I'm fine," I said and he looked at me.

"You got to eat something," He said.

"I'm going to get something when I go to the mall with Kali," I said.

"You're grounded," He said.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"You heard me," He said and I stood up.

"I heard you, but I'm going to the mall," I said.

"I said no," He said.

"I don't care what you said," I said and his jaw clenched.

"Braylon, you better stop while you're ahead," He said with a little anger.

"You're not my dad, Ben," I shot back. "There's this vine, you should watch it."

"He left Braylon and I'm the oldest," He hissed.

"I'm the youngest and I don't give a damn," I said.

"Watch your mouth," He said with a little anger.

"What're you gonna do?" I challenged and it got quiet, he clenched his jaw and fists. I picked Kali up and I walked out of the kitchen.

"Braylon, get back here," He snapped, but I ignored. "Braylon Paige." I walked upstairs and walked to Kali's room, I got her outfit and walked to my room. I shut the door and walked to the bathroom.

I gave Kali a bath and I got her out, I got her dressed and kissed her cheek. I walked to the bathroom and I done my business. I got dressed and I picked up Kali, I walked downstairs and I sat Kali with her toys. I walked back to the kitchen and got Kali a cup, I went to the fridge and fixed her some. Then, it shut back.

"You heard what I said Braylon," Ben said with anger.

"Why should I care about anything you say, Ben?" I asked not looking at him.