The Lodger(s) [Part 3]

Park...

The Doctor and Lexi were walking with Craig and Sophie.

"What are you actually called, what's your proper name?" Craig asked The Doctor.

"Just call me The Doctor."

"Yeah." Sophie and Lexi agreed.

"I can't say to these guys 'Hey, this is my new flatmate, he's called The Doctor.'" Craig said sarcastically.

"Why not?"

"'Cos it's weird."

Lexi leaned to whisper to The Doctor. "He's got ya there." She leaned away when when Craig's friend walked up to them.

"Alright, Craig. Soph. Alright, mate."

The Doctor shook the friend's hand. "Hello. I'm one of Craig's new flatmates. I'm called The Doctor."

"Alright, Doctor. I'm Sean, and who might you be?" Sean asked turning his attention to Lexi.

Lexi smiled at him and shook his hand. "Hello, Sean. I'm Lexi, The Doctor's fiancé and the other flatmate he was referring to."

"Nice to meet you. Now, Doctor, where are you strongest?"

"Arms." The Doctor replied causing to Lexi face palm.

"No, he means, what position? On the field?" Craig asked.

"Not sure. The front? The side? Below?"

"Are you any good though?" Sean asked unsure.

The Doctor spun the ball on his fingertips. "Let's find out." He kicked the balled and headed out to the field.

Sophie looked over at Lexi as the men walked off. "Have you seen him play? Is he really any good?"

Feeling anxious to know herself, Lexi replied without even looking away from the field. "I can honestly say, Sophie, that I have never seen him play football like anyone else."

'Yeah, because you've never seen him play football at all.' Lexi thought to herself.

Sophie and Lexi walked over to the sidelines as the game started.

As the team was playing, The Doctor was taking over the field, intercepting passes to other players and scoring goals. Lexi and Sophie cheered from the sidelines. It upset Craig to see Sophie cheering for The Doctor instead of him.

Soon, the majority of the onlookers began to chant "DOCTOR! DOCTOR! DOCTOR!"

Later...

The game was over and the team and friends were gathered around a bench having some beers.

"You are so on the team!" Sean said giving The Doctor praise. "Next week we've got the Crown and Anchor, we'll annihilate them!"

The Doctor got right up in Sean's face. "No violence, not while I'm around, not today, not ever. I'm The Doctor, the oncoming storm... and you meant beat them in a football match, didn't you?"

"Yeah."

The Doctor backed up. "Lovely, what sort of time?"

Craig opened a can and it spilt over and everyone laughed. Suddenly, it kept happening over and over again, involving everyone but The Doctor and Lexi.

"Um..." Lexi started. The Doctor grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the small group. They put the earpiece between their ears and leaned in so they both could talk to Amy at the same time.

"Amy?" The Doctor asked.

Inside the TARDIS...

The TARDIS was shaking.