Chapter 12

Hello, everyone! Here I am again to post for this week's update. This chapter is the longest one I've written so far with 18 pages containing 8.2K words. I don't know what I was thinking to write something like this. I might have gone crazy. There's a big scene for Zayn in this chapter that I'm sure all of you will squeal, cry, wail, or whatever you do. So enjoy. I'm still going to advertise my Twitter for those who wanted to follow me and read spoilers about this book. Follow me at @Shime_TheWriter.

This chapter is dedicated to yin-and-yang for being my second follower in Twitter. I enjoy our chat in Twitter. Thanks :)
*****
Fear crept up on Zayn, feeling helpless. As Niall's life was hanging by a thread, Zayn prayed that someone would reverse this gut-wrenching moment. As instincts kick in, he started pumping Niall's chest, performing CPR to save Niall before he reached for the eternal light. Zayn counted five pumps before checking Niall's mouth if air was coming out. The adrenaline rushed in his bloodstream as he encountered this life-and-death moment.

Zayn looked down at the unconscious blonde on the floor, not responding to his immediate action. He gulped at what he's going to do next. It is necessary for Niall to stay alive. Zayn used his right hand, pinching Niall's nose, closing it. Zayn felt the tingling sensation as he leaned closer to Niall's lips.

I hope this works...

Using his own lips, Zayn pressed against Niall. The soft, tantalizing sensation of Niall's lips warming up against his was making Zayn really horny at the same time. Once he realized that he was being turned on by his action, he snapped at his hormones and focus on saving Niall. Zayn breathed hard as he blew air into Niall's mouth. He did that for three times before pumping Niall's chest again. Not a moment later, Niall coughed out loud, rocking his entire body as if he was being electrocuted. A sense of relief escape from Zayn as soon as he saw Niall was breathing again.

"What happened?" Niall asked, his voice was hoarse, wiping the back of his hand against his mouth. Zayn felt his cheeks reddening, recalling that he touched Niall's lips for the first time. Does it even count as a kiss, knowing the other party was unconscious? Zayn hoped not. But either way, he was glad that the blonde was alive and kicking, and felt the pink, plump lips of the love of his life. He bet that once they kissed for real, it would be fucking fantastic.

"I found you here on the floor unconscious," Zayn explained, still looking at the blonde cautiously just in case he faint once again. He needed to prepare himself for the worst case scenario. "You scared me to death."

"Sorry, I ju―" Niall answered. Immediately, he felt a stabbing pain from his chest, making him hard to breathe. Niall clutched to his chest, hoping that excruciating feeling would disappear.

Zayn panicked as the scene unfolds right before his eyes. He rushed towards Niall's side, supporting the blonde. "Niall, what's wrong!"

"My... chest... It... hurts..." Niall wheezed with every word. He breathed hard, forcing his lungs to take much oxygen as much as it can. He grabbed on Zayn's arm as he was about to pass out again.

"I'm going to call the hospital. You need immediate medical help," Zayn stated, fishing out his phone from his pocket. But before he could press the numbers on the gadget, a warm hand grabbed on him. Zayn looked down and sees Niall with a conviction in those blue eyes.

"Please don't..."

"Niall, this is your body telling you to slow down," Zayn said, his voice filled with concern and fear. "I don't know what I'll do if I lose you..." He bit the inside of his cheek to prevent the watery beads from flooding his eyes.

Those golden amber eyes were filled with sincerity, Niall noticed, and feeling a bit special. Although, he wanted to agree with Zayn, he couldn't. He might end up again in the hospital bed, resulting for paying unnecessary bills and that is something that Niall could not do at this moment. He was running little on money; he still has to come up with how he's going to pay for Theo's medical treatment for this month. For the meantime, Niall was going to endure the excruciating pain in his chest; he hoped he wasn't going to die from this.