Chapter 63

It has been months since Sophia broke it off with Liam. She caressed the movie ticket as her memory flooded her mind with the first movie they watched. A smile spread across her cheek, remembering that Liam almost grabs her breasts when he was trying to get some popcorn resting on her lap. She recalled that night that it was the best night of her life. And now, she was starting to miss him. Her entire flat was filled with Liam's gifts—from plush toys to expensive clothing. You named it, Liam probably gave it to Sophia.

She sighed, realizing recalling sweet memories she shared with Liam was unhealthy. She got up, picking up one by one the items that Liam gave her and put it in a box. It was time for her to move on, but there was a part of her telling her that maybe a second-time romance would be much better. Regardless, she wanted to see him one last time. By then, she would be able to make her final decision.

Sophia made sure she looked representable, lifting a box filled with Liam's memories. She knocked multiple times, and when the door opened, she was astonished seeing a girl with a towel wrapped around her body. The hair was still wet, indicating that the girl just finished a shower.

Sophia caught herself scrunching her face; confusion spread within. She wondered if she knocked on the wrong door.

"May I help you?"

"I... uh... looking for Liam. Is he here?" Sophia questioned, but her mind was running wild. Multiple images were popping in her head, and most of it were inappropriate. "This is his flat, right?" She tried to extend her neck, looking inside of the flat. She recognized the wallpaper, the sofa, and the coffee table. She knew she was in the right place, so why was there a woman in Liam's flat? As far she knows, Liam was living alone. Who was this woman standing before her?

"Uh... yeah... My name is Erin," Erin replied, running her fingers through her hair. "Liam is still in the shower."

Sophia choked at what she heard. She put ideas together, realizing that Liam already made a first step in moving on. Apparently, Liam doesn't want to be with her anymore. Sophia is slapped by the cold, harsh truth. This was the answer she was looking for. It was her time to do the same thing.

"Do you want to get inside?"

Sophia cleared her throat first before replying. "Uh... no..." She was starting to feel the burn on her arms with the heavy weight of the box. She turned around and walked away with her head held high, but before she could take another step, she heard Erin asking her a question.

"Who are you? How do you know Liam?"

"Just someone he used to know..." Sophia answered without looking back, walking away from the building.

Sophia was surprised to see Niall, sitting on her doorsteps when she got back from Liam's flat with the box in her arms. She had a confused expression on her face, wondering what Niall could be doing here.

"Niall?"

"Oh, my God! Thank God you're here!" Niall hugged Sophia after putting the box down. As much as he tried to control his sobs, he couldn't. All he needed was a friend to lean on. He was more than grateful that he has a friend like Sophia that he could count on such as when his nephew passed away, Sophia was there to comfort him, console him. Even with the all the chaotic life of his, he was thankful that he has a real friend in Sophia.

"He did what now?!" Sophia gasped after hearing what Niall told him. It was hard to believe that Zayn can do something like that. As far she knows, Zayn was madly in love with Niall, and then this. It does not make any sense.

"It was awful," Niall shook his head, feeling every inch of his body pulsated in pain. Despair filled him up. Now, he doesn't know what to do anymore. He could not understand why Zayn would hurt him like that.