Chapter 26

I'm back! Kind of... Sorry for being in a hiatus for so long. I'm kind of back but not entirely. With my finals tomorrow and the holidays coming up, I haven't had the time to write fully, and also, I haven't done my Christmas shopping yet. Yikes!

So, here is the part 1 of Ziall Meeting The Parents. It was supposed to be a whole big chapter, but then I thought I should give you guys something to read. I will try my best to do some writing tomorrow until next week, but it's not guaranteed though. Have fun!

And also, follow me on Twitter @Shime_TheWriter.
*****
The warm breeze grazing his cheek felt so familiar. The view of trees swaying and the sight of birds were all he could see. The sun was shining brightly, almost blinding him. He reminisces of these things as if it was just yesterday. It has been nearly four years since Niall left Mullingar, his hometown, where he grew up and made some fond memories.

Niall smiled genuinely. He even asked himself if he was dreaming or not. To see the common sights around him was making him feel all these warm thoughts in his head.

"I'm home."

Zayn looked at his boyfriend with a smile on his face. This was his first time to see a smile like that on Niall. But seeing it on him made Zayn happy as well. This was his boyfriend's hometown; Zayn pondered if he would get a tour of this magnificent place. But of course, Zayn was looking forward to knowing everything about this place. It was special to his Irish boyfriend, so it's important to him as well.

All of his inner thoughts came to a stop when Niall placed some huge sunglasses on his face, almost covering his entire face. After, Zayn felt that his boyfriend put a big sun hat on his head.

"Pumpkin, get this off me!" Zayn barked, getting annoyed at why was his boyfriend acting so weird.

"No, you have to put that disguise on before someone sees you. And let me remind you that you're not supposed to be in Mullingar," Niall reprimanded while fixing the crooked sun hat on his boyfriend.

"I look ridiculous with this thing," Zayn complained, pouting even. "I'm not a girl!"

"Well pretend you are a girl!"

"But—" Zayn whined but it was futile. There was no way he was going to win this argument so he just let Niall do whatever he wanted.

It took them about ten minutes before they arrive in a medium-sized brick house. Green mowed lawn and the white picket fence was standing in front of it. There were lined up flower pots on the concrete steps on the ladder leading to the main door of the house.

"This is your house?" Zayn questioned but when he glanced at Niall, all Zayn was the stunned look on his boyfriend. He also noticed the watery eyes staring at the house; of course, what his boyfriend was feeling right now.

It took Niall a moment before he responded to Zayn. He was surprised when Zayn ran his thumb on his cheekbone, wiping away the dry-stained cheeks. Niall didn't even notice that he cried.

"Don't worry, Pumpkin. You're home already," Zayn smiled.

Niall nodded his head and replied. "Yes, I'm home." He flashed a toothy smile. Niall was feeling a lot of emotions at the moment and he can't name it all. Then, Niall pushed himself as he put one foot forward on the steps of the ladder until he found himself in front of the door. His heartbeat sped up, fearing what he would see on the other side of the door.

"I'm nervous," Niall bit his lip, unable to hide his real feelings.

"Don't be, Pumpkin. Everything will be fine," Zayn reassured his boyfriend, placing his hand on one of his boyfriend's shoulder, letting him know that he was going to be there for him.