Chapter 13

Surprise! What am I doing in here again? It's none other than to post another update. Double update! Why? Because today is a special day for me, it's my birthday!

And it's three days before Niall's birthday, I feel like we have this weird connection lol. I was browsing on Tumblr hours ago, and I read this rumor that today that they will release the fifth album, I'm not sure if that was true or not. I hope it's true though because today is a special day :D

Is it weird that I bought a gift for my birthday? I figured that no one would give me a lovely gift that happens every year so I thought I should treat myself with a gift that I will enjoy for a long time. I think it'll arrive today hopefully.

For this chapter, I feel like this is the best one that I've written so far. But you'll be the judge for that. I did enjoy writing this chapter although it is shorter than my usual updates, but the content is superb, I think. I hope you see that as well.

Once again I want to advertise my Twitter. Follow me @Shime_TheWriter
*****
The soft, plump lips warming his lips were making Zayn happy. Although, this was not the first that Zayn did it, he would be more pleased if Niall was conscious the next time he did it. It would be better if Niall reciprocated it, but Zayn was sure that Niall wouldn't turn away because he knew for sure that Niall was in love with him. And now Zayn was convinced that whatever his feeling for Niall was not brotherly love, he could see their future together. Maybe after his fame died down, they would live somewhere peace and quiet where no one would disturb their lives.

As much as Zayn wanted to stay on cloud nine, he didn't want to risk it any further of waking Niall up. He pulled back from Niall, pushing himself up from the edge of the bed but when he turned around, he was mortified to see his band mates staring at him astonishingly. Zayn grabbed whatever clothing he got on the floor, putting it on as he slowly closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Zayn hissed, zipping his pants up. The thoughts running through his head was making him paranoid, knowing his band mates saw what he did to their assistant.

"We... uh..." Liam stuttered. For the first time, words failed him. How can he voice out the thoughts wrapping around his brain? He couldn't even believe his eyes, letting him see the things that weren't making any sense as if he was imprisoned in a twilight zone.

Louis glanced back at his speechless band mate, feeling the exact same feeling, and back at Zayn whose polo shirt was half unbuttoned, exposing his torso and happy trail. He swallowed hard as a million questions were pounding at his head, organizing them as much as he can. What just happen? Why was Zayn kissing Niall? It doesn't make any sense.

"Zayn, what is the meaning of that?" Harry croaked; his voice was raspy. He pointed the closed door, referring to their sleeping assistant. "I... I don't know―"

"It's none of your damn business," Zayn narrowed his eyes, trying his voice not to fail him. He knew that they were thinking of not so good thoughts in their heads right now. After Zayn had told them that he wasn't attracted to Niall, and now they saw him doing this. Of course, they'll think that he was just messing around with Niall but that wasn't the case anymore. For Zayn, Niall was more than that―the missing half of his heart.

"None of our business?" Louis snapped from his hazy thoughts. When it comes to his best friend, he's not afraid of anything, certainly not Zayn. "Did you drug him?"

"What! No!" Zayn raised his voice, offended by the false accusation. "I'm just taking care of him."

"Why, what happened?" Liam questioned. He narrowed his eyes towards his band mate, suspicious about Zayn.

Zayn explained what happened, on how about he found Niall unconscious on his flat then reviving him and paying Niall's medicine to avoid spending the money intended for Niall's rent.