Chapter 53

It's been a while since I posted because of summer semester and everything. And I'm also busy playing Pokemon Go lol. Anyways, since someone asks for an update so here it is :) 

*****

Even in his sleep, Zayn has been chased down by his fear. He had dreamt that Niall has had enough of his crappy drama and decided to call it quits. It might be easier for Niall to move on but for him, it was a whole another story.

Zayn sat upright, catching his breath. Even with that realization of being a dream, it felt real to him. Beads of cold sweats rolled down from his forehead down to his cheeks. He even noticed that his entire shirt was soaked with sweat as well.

His heartbeat skyrocketed through the sky when he saw that he was all alone in the bed. The fear multiplied by tenfold. Without wasting any second, he pushed himself off the bed, sprinting outside to disprove his fear and his nightmare that Niall left him. Somehow, his breath was returning to normal when he saw the back of a familiar figure standing in the kitchen, facing the stove, with one hand holding a mobile phone pressed against his ear, while the other was flipping bacon on the heated pan.

Zayn felt a smile spreading across his face. He thought everything was going to be alright, but boy was he so wrong when he heard Niall saying something on the phone.

"I'm sure Zayn will understand... Uh-huh, yes, I will tell him that it's over..."

The instincts kicked in, making Zayn rush towards Niall, grabbing the phone away from the blonde and threw it harshly to the wall until a crashing sound erupted in the air.

"NO!" Zayn snarled, his eyebrows were closing in on one another, his pupils saw red. "YOU ARE NOT LEAVING ME!"

The shock in Niall made him paralyzed, standing there speechless as the raven-haired boy barked at him as if he was going to kill him on the spot. He saw the involuntary twitches in Zayn's mouth, indicating his uncontrollable rage.

"Zayn, calm down..."

"How can I fucking calm down?!" Zayn yelled, grasping the blonde on the wrist. He made sure to make his point get across. Then, he pulled Niall towards him until both of their faces were mere inches away from one another. "WE. ARE. NOT. BREAKING. UP."

All Niall could do was to swallow forcefully, his eyes widening in fear. This was the first time that he watched Zayn snapped like this, unlike before that he could calm Zayn down, but it didn't work this time.

The entire breakfast was filled with tensed atmosphere. Both of them were glancing at one another, trying to gauge who would talk first but Niall decided to break this silence filling up in the air.

"You have rehearsal today for the upcoming album so I'm going to get the car to bring you to the studio or would you prefer driving by yourself?" Niall asked calmly, his eyes were still avoiding the boy sitting on the other side of the dining table.

"I'm not going."

"Wha-what?" Niall lifted his head up, looking directly at Zayn. He had too. It was too evident that Zayn was not in the mood to go somewhere, let alone to socialize.

"I said I'm not going," Zayn replied coldly, crossing his arms over his chest. "You got that?"

Niall knew that Zayn was irritating and annoying him in purpose. He told himself that it was just Zayn being stubborn and tenacious.

"Zayn, you have to. This is work-related," Niall reasoned out, hoping that the raven-haired boy would stop his antagonistic behaviors.

"I don't care," Zayn answered uninterestingly, looking at his fingers as if it was made of sweet chocolate. "I am not in the mood to do anything today."

"Don't be like this, Zaynie..."

Just the mention of his name was good enough for Zayn to smile, his golden amber eyes sparkled with hopeful joy.

"Y-you called me Zaynie..."

"Yes, I did."

"So we're okay now?" Zayn chirped, unable to suppress the smile on his face. He stood up from his chair then get closer to his Irish boyfriend. "So you're not breaking up with me?"

"Break up with you?" Niall asked, staring at Zayn with wide eyes. "Why would I do that?"

"Well... you said earlier about us being over on the phone..." Zayn grumbled, recalling that awful memory from earlier, but then he watched as the grave expression on the blonde change into a smile and a giggle that made Zayn even more confused.

"You're cute..." Niall shook his head, chortling. Those golden amber eyes staring at him with so much love and adoration that Niall felt that this was the right decision. "Thank God, you're beautiful..."

"Niall..." Zayn whined.

Niall wrapped around his arm at the back of Zayn's neck, pulling the raven-haired boy closer to him until their lips met. He made sure that Zayn felt what he was feeling. Once they pulled away from one another, he could feel that Zayn was changing his mood into a better one.

"Why would I break up with the most charming and the sexiest man I love?"

That made Zayn grinned, not just an ordinary grin, but a wide grin altogether. He knew that they were both okay now, and he could disperse the idea of Niall leaving him for good.

"So you think I'm charming and sexy?"

"Of course!" Niall exclaimed, raising his fist in the air. "So why would you think I pick you in the first place?"

"Ouch!" Zayn chuckled, understanding the humor behind his boyfriend's joke. "So you only want me because of my sexy body?"

"Yes, that's all it is."

The sound of booming laughter spread through the entire flat. It seemed like everything was back to normal, at least that's what Zayn thought, and he hoped it would stay like that forever. He was delighted that the dark issue about them was all gone.

"Make sure to take a quick shower before we leave. You kinda stink, Zayn..."

"I am not!" Zayn gasped. At that moment, he wanted to get even with Niall, and with that, he quickly pulled his shirt off, raising him arms up, pulling Niall closer until the blonde was inches away from his armpits. "Smell that!"

"Eeeewwww, gross!" Niall screamed pushing away from the smelly body part of his boyfriend. Even as he tried to get away from Zayn, he couldn't. But still, he can't help himself but laugh at their moment together. "It smells awful!"

"Shut up!" Zayn cackled, enveloping his boyfriend under his warm embrace. But once they calm down from their high, both of them looked at each other as if they were the only occupants of the entire planet.

"I love you, Pumpkin..."

"I love you too, Zaynie..."

*****

*****

Did someone already faint from Ziall cuteness overload? XD