Chapter 41

Hello! I thought I should post another update before I go back to reality. And when I say reality, I mean school lol. I had this draft yesterday, but when I rewrote it, it turns out to be different scenes, which I find it very weird. But anyways, make sure to get yourself some tissue or handkerchief because this chapter is heavy on emotions. I'm just saying...

*****

Later that night, all the preparations have been made. Scattered red rose petals were found on top of the bed. The only light source from the room were the dancing flames from lit candles, giving a romantic and intimate vibe. Zayn had no excellent culinary skills, forcing himself to buy first-class meals. He had to get a particular order of oysters because it was a well-known for being an aphrodisiac food. The desire of pleasing his Irish boyfriend came to the top of his priority list. But of course, he didn't forget to take a thorough shower—he doesn't want to smell awful, most especially when Niall rode him until they forgot their own name.

While waiting for his boyfriend, Zayn used the remaining time to browse the web. Earlier, he spoke to the real estate agent, telling him that there was an open house to this loft. With the curiosity in him, he checked out the place online and he was more than mesmerized to see the exquisiteness of the loft.

It was a fully furnished loft—polished hardwood floors, metallic spiral staircase, two ceiling fans on the top and much more. Zayn could visualize him living there with his boyfriend until they grow old. Even if he tried, he couldn't suppress the smile etching on his mouth.

"This is it!"

All the bliss reverberating inside of him came to a stop when the door swung open, revealing Niall coming in. Instantly, he noticed that something was off but he pushed all thoughts aside. Besides, he was not going to let anyone ruin his mood... because tonight was special for him.

Zayn waved at Niall to get closer and said, "Pumpkin, I've found the perfect place for us to move in." The hunch he had before became a reality when the blonde evaded him for a kiss. That totally shrunk his self-confidence, wondering why Niall was acting distant and cold. Usually, Zayn would notice all the bubbly and perky personality Niall has but now it was like his boyfriend turned into this unrecognizable person.

"So what you think?" Zayn forced himself to smile, telling himself that everything was fine—that Niall was just having a bad moment. Yes, that's what it was, Zayn thought to himself.

"Eh... It's alright with me."

"Just alright with you?" Zayn questioned, noticing that Niall didn't even spent more time to look at the picture. That was definitely made him upset but he was not going to surface that emotion. Having an argument at the moment was not favorable to him, forcing himself to held on his feelings one more time.

"Can we continue this tomorrow? I'm kinda sleepy..."

"Oh..." That was all Zayn could say. Nevertheless, he was disappointed, realizing that he was not going to get lucky tonight. But still he had to try. "But I thought—"

"Not now, Zayn."

And once again, that same intense cold voice blasted through him. Zayn would be lying if he said it didn't surprise him.

"I'm going to bed."

For a second, Zayn stood there dumbfounded. From time to time, he got to encounter when Niall was having a bad day but this one was the worst of all. He even asked himself why his boyfriend would be acting so hostile towards him—something definitely happen but what?

But then a thought hit him like a freight train.

Louis Tomlinson.

"He wouldn't tell Niall..." Zayn didn't notice his trembling hands as countless images popped into his head, zooming in that one time that he and Louis were doing something. "Would he?"