Chapter 16

I have free time before school, so I thought I should post a new update. This update is the shortest chapter I've ever done so I hope you guys won't hate me. Anyways, this chapter is more on the drama side, so I hope you guys are ready for it.

Have you guys seen my spoiler tweets for chapter 17 and 18? I'm currently working on chapter 19. Follow me on Twitter: @Shime_TheWriter.
*****
It's been four months since Zayn decided to bury his feelings for Niall. It didn't take long before he reverted back to his old ways: smoking weed and having multiple one-night stands. What hurts the most for Zayn was that Niall doesn't care anymore. As time progressed, their built relationship crumbled into nothing as if they were perfect strangers to one another.

Even though Zayn was deeply and madly in love with Niall, he can't voice it out. He already missed his chance and there's nothing left but to love the blonde from a distance. What annoys him the most was when Niall bring his douche boyfriend into the workplace and make out as if there's no tomorrow. There was one time that he snapped at both of them, telling Niall that he shouldn't be such a slut, publicly showing their affection to the world. Although Zayn didn't mean hurting Niall, he couldn't control his emotions when it comes to his Pumpkin. Since then, Zayn felt that Niall was pulling away from him for good.
*****
All was well with Niall as he spent his five-month anniversary with Aiden. He still can't believe that he has a boyfriend-a good looking one. At least his life was not that dull anymore. With all these blessing raining down on him, there's one thing that he regretted-his falling out with Zayn. Months ago, they were doing good until one day, he noticed that Zayn being cold and calling him vulgar names. After that, he stayed away from Bradford lad as much as he can. He doesn't want to lose his job over a condescending guy.

Niall caught himself smiling as he recalled one time when he opened his Twitter account that there was an enormous increase in his follower count. Apparently, Aiden introduced Niall to one of his videos and ever since then, Niall received multiple mentions and direct messages about their relationship. There was one time that Niden, their ship name went into a trend in Twitter. At that point, Niall couldn't help but to feel elated because he felt like he was one of those celebrities that he saw in tabloids.

He thought that this euphoria would last forever, but Niall was proven wrong when their relationship reached the seventh month period. That was when Niall felt his world crumbled into nothingness...
*****
The four boys were extremely exhausted as they about to reach the ending point of the American leg of their world tour. Tensions built up. Drama and rumors tried to separate them, but they were strong to let some stupid lie to crack their bonded friendship.

It was a very cloudy Thursday afternoon, the four boys were scheduled to play their last gig in New York before going back to have a one-month long time off. Grey clouds hovered above them, threatening a thunderstorm to ruin their last day, but they won't just let it happen. They owed it to their devoted fans to finish it until the very last minute.

Harry noticed that their assistant hasn't arrived at the rehearsals. Usually, he's the first one to arrive, bringing them food and such. But today was not one of those and that Harry made anxious, that something weird was going on.

Maybe it's just my imagination, Harry thought, convincing himself that everything was fine.

He saw how Louis and Liam were pulling one of the mic stands as if they were participating in some kind of a tug-of-war. As for Zayn, he was talking about the band behind the open stadium where they were going to do some soundcheck, preparing of their last gig of the American leg of the tour.

"What's wrong?" Liam asked, startling the curly lad with his thoughts.

"I hate this," Harry replied, referring to the cloudy weather they were having but at the back of his mind, he knew he was lying. He was concerned about Niall.