Chapter 42

I am more than surprised (in a good way) to read the comments from the previous chapter. I am delighted to get you to react that way, maybe I should make all of the chapters like that :D

This update is short but nonetheless you will see where will I take this story. For the meantime, I am going to hold off on the new character that I mentioned before.

And also, I would like to address my mistake. If you looked back in chapter 38 or 39, I would mention in the story that the events happened "a week before" but none those things would make sense so I would change it to "a week after" to have more space for me to write. This is the problem of not having outlines haha! I'm not really that type of author. I write as I go along.

*****

With all these confusing, hazy thoughts that ran through Niall, he wasn't even paying attention anymore to his surroundings. His mind and his body were too exhausted to function anymore and all he wanted to do was to take an eternal rest for the remainder of his life but he wouldn't dare. He can't exactly go back to his former flat because someone was occupying it already and he was definitely not going back to Zayn's flat—because that would too much to bear, at least for the moment.

He didn't realize that his aching, swollen feet brought him to a familiar doorstep. He knocked three times and he was glad that someone opened the door for him.

"Niall?" As much as he wanted not to pull the waterworks, it just did. His eyes got the best of him, letting out these tears that won't stop flowing. He grabbed on this person and leaned on until the pain subsided inside of him. It took him about a half hour to tell the emotional torture that he went through, it wasn't easy but it was the right thing to do.

The blonde didn't realize that he was practically rambling with all his emotions, realizing that there was a suitcase sitting in the corner of the living room.

"Harry, are you going somewhere?"

"My dad's birthday is coming up so I thought to drop by and surprise him."

"Oh..." Niall pulled away from Harry, realizing that he was taking Harry's time. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I didn't know that you have to be somewhere," Niall wiped away the dry-stained tears on his cheeks, forcing himself that this was just one trial that he has to go through. He knew that he was a strong person but dealing with something like this was too much for him to handle. "I should... uh..."

"You should come with me."

"Where?" Niall blinked twice, not expecting the sudden invitation.

"Holmes Chapel."

"Your hometown?"

"Yeah," Harry nodded. "It'll be fun."

"Uh... I don't know, Harry," Niall answered hesitantly. "I really don't wanna intrude on your family time."

"Oh, come on," Harry elbowed the blonde in the side playfully. "I'm sure it'll take away your Zayn drama for a while."

The suggestion was very tempting, at least to Niall. That's exactly what he needed right now—to stay away from the heartbreaking shit he was dealing with for the past couple of hours.

"Besides, I'm sure my dad will like you if you were there," Harry grinned. "Remember the time that you had a drinking game with my dad and you beat him like a child's game."

Niall cackled, remembering the first time he went to Holmes Chapel, it was probably two years ago. It was an invitation from the Styles family and who was he too turned down such a lovely invitation. Then, he found out what kind of household Harry has. They were beautiful and gracious.

"Yeah, I remember that," Niall chuckled. "Although I feel terrible right after."

"Don't be," Harry grinned. "Someone has to teach dad a lesson and you definitely lectured him for good!"

"Okay then, I'll go with you," Niall smiled.

"Yay!" Harry exclaimed, hugging the blonde one more time. "I will show you everything..."

*****

Meanwhile, a particular raven-haired lad was pacing back and forth in the living room, trying to think of a way to getting Niall back. There was no way that he was just going to let the source of his happiness disappear on him.

"Goddamit!" Zayn growled, throwing the TV remote on the wall. A crashing sound erupted in the room as the gadget made an impact on the wall. "I have to do something..."

And with that, he sprinted to the bedroom, putting some clothes on. The blood running through his bloodstream were boiling with rage.

"Someone's gotta pay for this!" Zayn grabbed on his car keys abruptly, knocking down the lampshade onto the floor but he didn't care anymore. He was beyond pissed off.

"I will be coming for you, Louis!" Zayn growled, clenching his fists together. "You better be ready for what I am going to do to you!"

 "You better be ready for what I am going to do to you!"

*****

Is Narry going to be a thing now?

Any thoughts or suggestions?