Chapter 22

Update time again. I'm sorry if it's a bit late this week, too many errands to do earlier.

I finished writing chapter 23 but still unedited so watch out for the spoiler on my Twitter (@Shime_TheWriter). For this chapter, as the usual drama was present. Speaking of drama, I hope you won't hate me after reading this chapter because I wrote something (for the sake of the story) that was awful and horrible. There was a bit of action as well, so I hope you guys will enjoy reading this.
*****
Everything was going so well with the three of them: Liam, Louis, and Harry. They each other's embarrassing moments on the tour. There was one time that he slid from the stage, taking down Louis in the process.

"You were trying to kill me, just admit it," Louis scowled in a humorous manner. Remembering that night was a good one. It was one thing to perform in a massive audience as well as fulfilling their own dreams. Looking back, he never thought that he would be at this point in his life. If someone asked him what he would be doing five years ago, Louis would've said that he would like to pursue a career in education.

"Did not," Liam defended. "The stage was slippery with all the water that Harry threw."

"So, it's my fault then?" Harry batted his eyelashes, projecting the 'I-am-just-a-victim' expression on his face.

A mixture of laughter and giggles exploded in the entire room as they shared more memories of the tour. Having a full day all by themselves, writing songs felt like a good routine to them although some parts could do some improvement. All the good vibes in them disappeared as soon as they saw Zayn hugging their crying assistant entering the room.

Louis was the first one standing up, helping Zayn with Niall. He caressed his best friend's back, throwing a glare towards Zayn, who had a blank expression on his face, totally unreadable. It might take a miracle to crack him open.

"What the hell happened?" Liam asked. Worry was evident on his face as he stood up. He placed his phone in his back pocket and wanting to address the issue at hand.

"I'm... sorry..." Niall sniffed. "It's my fault..."

"No, Pumpkin. It's not your fault. We've talked about this," Zayn explained, still getting confused looks from his band mates. He looked them in the eye and although leaving them all of a sudden felt so wrong, but he had no choice. His heart weighed heavily than his dreams. Being with Niall was the best thing that ever happened to him next on being in a famous boy band. Zayn hoped that his band mates would understand why would he do something like this.

"I'm leaving One Direction," Zayn stated, pulling Niall closer to him. Right away, he saw the jaw dropping expressions of his band mates. He knew that as soon as they realized what he just said that they would pounce on him. And that's why he had to pull his boyfriend behind him, just to make sure that his Pumpkin would not get in the middle of the incoming argument.

Louis scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief and joked, "What are you talking about?"

Both Liam and Harry were still reeling their mind from the bomb that Zayn dropped on them. They don't know if Zayn was just playing a mean joke on them.

"Before I proceed, I'd like you to check on your Twitter, and you'll know what I'm talking about," Zayn said, his voice was drained of emotions. His face was not telling anything, he has to stay like this because, at the back of his mind, he knew that his band mates would tell him a lot of awful insults and humiliations. He was just preparing himself for that.

The three lads in the room didn't waste any time, checking their Twitter accounts. It did not take too long until Zayn heard Louis gasping, Harry covering his mouth from the shock, and for Liam who stood in his position as if he saw a ghost staring back at him.