Chapter 54

Greetings! A new chapter heading in your way (drama, do I say?) I'm still working on the next one. I'm working on the other book as well while trying to maintain my grades. Anyways, enjoy reading this one!

*****

It was a race against time as Niall kept glancing at the wall clock. He was supposed to bring the entire band in the studio at nine o'clock sharp. Knowing them, they have strict rules on punctuality, and the blonde experienced that through the years. And now, he feared that he might lose his job as the band's personal assistant. The management team even offered Niall to be Zayn's full-time public boyfriend, but that deal doesn't sound right to him. It looked like a business transaction like the one Zayn and Perrie had in the past. He was indeed in love with the raven-haired boy, and no amount of money could taint his devotion.

Every tick of the seconds hand of the wall clock made Niall even more nervous. The time stated that it was already eight thirty in the morning, and yet his boyfriend was still occupied with something. If he didn't do something real soon, he could kiss his job goodbye.

"Zayn, we have to go."

"No, I can't. I still have to find my earring," Niall saw how the raven-haired boy kept pacing back and forth, looking for that damn piece of jewelry that could cost him his job.

"Why do you need an earring?" Niall asked, helping Zayn to search for it.

"Because I need to look good."

The blonde slowly turned his head sideways flabbergasted. He could not believe that a piece of jewelry could irritate him first thing in the morning.

"Let's come back later," Niall suggested, grasping his boyfriend on the arm.

"I can't. I really have to find it," Zayn replied. "I'm sure there are paparazzi outside, and I need to make sure that I will look fantastic in front of the camera."

"Really?" Niall could feel his patience running thin. For the time being, he kept chanting in his head to stay calm and not pound on his boyfriend who was obsessed with his public image.

"Just help me find it. Okay?"

Niall had enough. He was that close to snapping at Zayn again. There was only one thing that could shut his boyfriend up. And with that, he grabbed the raven-haired boy towards his direction. He saw in those golden amber eyes the shock, and Niall went for the attack as he slammed his lips against Zayn. The blonde didn't waste any second as he massaged the lips with his own. There was definitely a dominant competition between them, but Niall thought of something that made his boyfriend fold. Using his left hand, he grabbed Zayn on the balls, and that made him open his mouth, and that's when Niall shoved his tongue into his boyfriend's mouth. A smirk spread across his face at the reaction on his boyfriend. Then, he slowly pulled away from him.

"That will definitely suffice," Zayn grinned, not expecting at the aggressiveness of his Irish boyfriend. He would be lying if he said that it didn't turn him on. Every once in a while, he appreciated that Niall to initiate the intimacy between them.

*****

It looked like someone stuffed a metallic hanger inside of Zayn's mouth on how full his grin was. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out how happy Zayn was. His heart fluttered as his left hand playing with Niall's right hand, but of course, he doesn't want to distract his Irish boyfriend from driving. Everything was alright until they arrived at the entrance to the studio.

A particular blonde woman was waiting for them. It was Perrie Edwards.

Zayn could tell easily that Niall was not at all amused seeing the blonde girl standing on the entrance door. It was easy to tell what Perrie wanted from them. A frown appeared on his face when Niall pulls away from their hand holding.

"Pumpkin..." Zayn called out, frowning, but there was no response from the Irish boy that made him pissed off even further at Perrie for ruining his good mood. "I will deal with her."

"Do whatever you want. I don't care," Zayn felt his heart was breaking in two hearing that kind of coldhearted answer from Niall. He saw how Niall walked in a much faster pace, leaving him behind.

Once Zayn secured that Niall wasn't in hearing range anymore, the raven-haired lad snarled at Perrie.

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Zayn, I missed you," Perrie smiled, snaking her arms towards Zayn.

"Leave me alone, Pez!"

"Pez?" Perrie blushed, delighted that Zayn called her by her sweet, endearing nickname. "I can't believe you call me that."

"What are you talking about?" Zayn growled, wanting to sew up her lips so she wouldn't be able to speak anymore.

"You called me Pez, my nickname."

"So?"

"No one calls me that except the people that truly loves me, so it means you really do want me."

"You have got to be kidding?!" Zayn scoffed. "Did you hit you head or something?"

"And now, you're concerned about me. I am so flattered, Zayn," Perrie giggled. The happiness fluttered within her was overwhelming her in a good way that all she can think about was to plan their future together.

"Ugh! You are hopeless!"

"Yes, Zayn... I will marry you."

"Whaaaatttt?!" Zayn shrieked, taking a couple of steps back because he knew that Perrie was not thinking clearly anymore. "You are getting delusional. I am not going to marry you."

"But we had sex, so it means you have to marry me."

All Zayn could do was to laugh out loud at the desperate antics of his fake ex-girlfriend. He shook his head, trying to amuse her, because clearly, it was impossible to explain any further to her. But still he had to try.

"Look, Perrie, you have to get this through your thick skull, nothing happened between us. I don't know who the guy in your disgusting video and I honestly feel sorry for that person that he had to go through your scheme," Zayn laughed mockingly. "Niall believed that it wasn't me in the video so all your efforts were futile. Give it up, Perrie..."

"We'll see about that..."

He became alarmed when he noticed the smirk on her face. At that moment, he knew that Perrie was concocting a demonic plan. An inside voice in his head, telling him that Niall would get caught in the middle of it, and that's why he would do everything in his power to counter what his ex-girlfriend was planning.

"What do you me—"

"Zayn! Perrie! Get inside here!" Zayn looked back, seeing their boss, Mr. Carlton was looking at them with a not-so-amused expression. He had a feeling that Perrie did something, he was so sure of it...