Chapter 67

At that moment, Zayn stood still as the shock sets in. The grip he had on Harry weakened, stepping back a bit with his eyes widened, and mouth gaped. If this was a joke, it wasn't funny at all. Not at all.

"Wh-what?"

"I said I'm in love with Niall," Harry said plainly, his voice was calm and stern. Zayn shook his head in disbelief as soon as he realized that this was no joke. Harry was serious about his declaration.

"No... that can't be..."

"Niall needs to be with someone who treats him like royalty," Harry said. The courage within bursting out suddenly. Niall meant a lot to him, more than he was supposed to. For years, he kept his feelings all bottled up because he thought that the blonde would be happy with Zayn, so he gave way to the raven-haired boy, but now he had enough. He cannot tolerate this anymore.

"I want him."

The protectiveness instinct that Zayn had kicked him. Although he was still processing about this, there's no way he would step aside and let Niall be taken away from him.

"Niall's mine," he growled, showing his intimidation. All is fair in love and war, as they say, and Zayn holds faithful to that saying.

"No, he's going to be mine now." Harry stood his ground. This was his chance to be happy. It was his opportunity to fulfill what his heart desired for years.

"Don't you dare!" Zayn threatened, glaring. "Whatever lies you told him, it's not going to work. Niall and I are meant to be."

"Who are you trying to convince?" Harry scowled.

"I'm not trying to convince you or anyone else!" Zayn growled. As much as he valued his friendship with Harry, he would not let him stole the half of his heart—Niall. Anger filled within as he pushed the curly-haired boy who almost lost his balance.

"The fuck?!" Harry snarled. With his bursting dark thoughts, he leaped into Zayn, landing a punch on the cheek. The adrenaline kicked in, both hands hitting jabs on Zayn, but the raven-haired boy reciprocated it with the same intensity to Harry.

Both boys gave in with the anger beating inside of them, not minding the consequences of their actions. In their heads, whoever won this brawl will get Niall.

"What the fuck are you two doing?!" Louis yelled, pulling Harry away from Zayn. Busted lips, bloody cheeks, purplish skin were all he saw on both boys.

"I will kill you if you dared to cross me again!" Zayn yelled, wanting to land another jab but seeing Louis protecting the curly-haired boy. He saw Louis grabbing Harry out of the hallway until they were out of sight. He flinched when he touched the corner of his mouth, only he could imagine what his face looks like now. Zayn went back inside to check up on his beloved. It was a good thing that Niall was still passed out because he doesn't know what he'll do if he saw him and Harry beating the shit out of each other. For now, Zayn would do his best for Niall and Harry to not meet.

He sat next to the sleeping blonde, pushing the hair strands upwards poking the eyelids. A smile spread across his face, seeing the tranquility that Niall gave to him.

"I love you, Niall..." he whispered, pressing a gentle kiss on the blonde's forehead. "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you."

*****

Slowly, Niall opened his eyes, adjusting his eyesight at the darkness of the room. The tall lamp in the corner of the room, the nightstand table next to bed, the thin blue curtain that moved because of the air entering the room were all Niall saw. He recognized all of those—he was in Zayn's room. Pushing himself up, feeling a major headache. The last thing he remembered was kissing Zayn and practically beg to him. Niall felt mortified at his actions. The words he told Zayn on not wanting him back—he swallowed those because his resolve was not strong enough to stay away from him.