Chapter 39

Surprise! My updates have been irregular, I apologize for that. I might be able to post another chapter in a couple of days if I'm able to finish my take home exams.

Based on the comments I've read from the previous chapter, the new character might be postponed. For the mean time, I'll create a new set of problems that will make you all engrossed in the story. This will make more sense after next chapter.

*****

A week before their rehearsals, a meeting with the big bosses just ended. All of them were exhausted in sitting for hours, making plans for the upcoming fragrance and some merchandise to the website has been discussed. All of them were barely paying attention to the detail. And when it comes down to the business side of things, suddenly their sense of hearing vanished from their existence.

And they went all their separate ways. Some were going to catch some sleep and some were going to have a special date somewhere.

The couple, Zayn and Niall, were heading back to the parking lot. The raven-haired lad has an exciting plan for the rest of the day for both of them. He couldn't help but grin, visualize the shocked expression on his boyfriend. But those plans came to a halt when Niall decided that he has to meet up with Louis.

"What, no!" Zayn shook his head, not subtle showing his disagreement to the sudden change of schedule. He was almost sulking.

"Come on, Zayn! I just need to talk to Louis," Niall said, hoping that his boyfriend would let him go at least for a couple of hours. "This is important."

"So is my plan," Zayn held his ground, not budging to the blonde's pleas.

"It'll only be a couple of hours."

"The answer is still no," Zayn firmly replied. "What is this important thing that you have to talk to Louis? Can't it wait?"

"It's really important, Zayn."

"Then, tell me what could be more important than my plan for the rest of the day?" The raven-haired lad stared intensely at his boyfriend, who was practically squirming from where he was standing. He could tell that this was an urgent matter, but still, he can't allow his plans to be spoiled.

"It... it's a friend thing," Niall answered, sounding like a made-up lie.

"Uh-huh..." Zayn rolled his eyes out, crossing his arms over his chest. "I can see your wisdom tooth when you're lying." 

"Wha-what?" Niall blinked a couple of times, totally not anticipating what his boyfriend just said

"Wha-what?" Niall blinked a couple of times, totally not anticipating what his boyfriend just said. He suddenly became conscious about his teeth showing up when he smiled. And with that, he used his tongue, trying to feel if there was a wisdom tooth, trying to ruin his perfectly set of teeth. It was months ago since he came on a visit to his dentist, wondering if he should make another appointment.    

"I don't have a wisdom tooth," Niall said, scratching the back of his neck gently, trying to avoid the gaze from his boyfriend.