Chapter 14

Hello again, readers! Here I am again, posting another update. I am exhausted right now. I think I got like two hours of sleep last night. After enduring two hours of lecture session, I had to drive up to Goodwill, where I buy my stuff because all of the items are cheap. Besides, I'm broke! LOL.

There's not much to say about this chapter. With this chapter, you'll understand where Zayn got the pet name "Pumpkin" for Niall. This is a chapter for Ziall for the most part. I do hope that you're going to kill me when you reach the last part.

I'm still looking for nice and friendly Twitter followers. Let's cry, laugh, and squeal when we see Ziall gifs and pictures. Follow me @Shime_TheWriter.
*****
The entire sleep rejuvenated Niall in a new sense. He didn't realize he needed it until he had it. Niall slept the whole night without any interruption and wondered why it happened. Usually, his phone would buzz off, jolting him from his sleep but last night none of those happened.

The warmth pressing against his body made Niall want to cuddle more. The sense of safety was there; all he had to was to let himself drowned in the serenity of the comfort of the heat. Niall fluttered his eyes open, adjusting to the sunlight peeking through the curtain. He had to blink twice, realizing that he was not in his room. As his consciousness sets in, he noticed that someone was in bed with him―until he realize that Zayn was sleeping in the same bed with him.

There was a hitch in his breath; feeling like something has lodged in his throat, making him want to breathe harder. Memories from yesterday flashed before his eyes―the fainting, Zayn paying for his medications, the lads screaming their lungs out, interrupting his sleep. And by then, he remembered that Zayn insisted on him staying until he can stabilize his health. But the worry clouded his mind; Niall knew that Perrie had these unannounced visits to Zayn. The hell would resurface to Earth when she found out that he and Zayn were sharing the same bed.

Pushing the concern at the back of his mind, he watched how peaceful Zayn was while he was sleeping. The long, thick eyelashes that Niall loved so dearly―he was so tempted to touch them, pluck it, and keep it for himself. Niall wanted to run his fingertips over Zayn's cheeks. He always envied how lovely the olive tanned complexion on Zayn as if it was blended perfectly. Niall, on the other hand, was pale, white as if he has some kind of a melanin deficiency.

Niall braced himself as he reached out his right hand, barely touching Zayn's left cheek. The heat escaping from Zayn sent Niall a little bit of excitement. An involuntary spasm on Niall made his fingertips dipped in those cheeks. He cringed at the contact. Not a moment later, Zayn opened his eyes, smiling back at him.

"Mornin' Pumpkin," Zayn croaked. His luscious golden amber eyes filled with joy.

"Mo-mornin,'" Niall greeted back. His heart thumped in his chest. He could not believe he did what he did. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up―wait, did you just call me pumpkin?"

Zayn nodded. A smile spread across his mouth. Looking back two years ago, around Halloween, both of them working on pumpkins, writing their names on it. And Zayn remembered Niall joking that he should call him 'pumpkin'―and that's how the name originated. The name was only intended for Niall. Zayn didn't realize until last night how the name has sentimental value to him.

"Yes, I did," Zayn replied. "Remember two years ago, we were carving on pumpkins and you joked that I should call you―"

"Pumpkin." They both finished the sentence at the same time. A fit of giggling erupted in the entire bedroom. The unexplainable happiness was piercing through Zayn, feeling elated with his moment with Niall.

After coming down from their giggling, Zayn stared deeply into those mesmerizing blue eyes. He can't believe that he was sharing a bed with Niall. After all that they've gone through for the past few weeks, it's been stressing him out but now, it seemed like they were just a forgotten memory in the past.