Chapter 60

I'm back! Sort of... I know I took a long hiatus but I'm not that going to be active that much, but I'll try my best to update once in a while. I'm sure you are all excited what's gonna happen next...

Enjoy this chapter :)

*****

The heartbeat kept getting stronger, making Zayn more anxious as his amber-colored eyes saw Niall getting closer and closer to him. The blonde was talking to some management crew, not noticing his presence and when they were in a close distance from one another, Zayn doesn't know what to do, but what Niall did stun him.

"Hi, Zayn..." He stood there flabbergasted when the blonde greeted him with a smile on his face, patting his shoulder with a friendly gesture. That was definitely caught him off-guard. But before he could respond, Niall was already inside the building, and he was standing there in the parking lot like a foolish boy.

*****

In the entire seventy-minute meeting, Zayn kept glancing at Niall, who sat all the way from the back corner of the room and ignoring his presence. Zayn was not at all subtle with his unspeakable way of getting his attention, and yet he did not get any response from him.

After that horrendous meeting, all of them were excited to get out of that room, and soaked in the sun, at least some of them. Zayn noticed that one of the management bosses called him. With the curiosity sets in, he decided to follow them.

"Is everything alright with you?" He heard one of the bosses asked Niall. "I've heard what happened..."

"Everything is alright, sir," Niall replied with a monotone voice, devoid of any emotions. Zayn could feel that it has something to do with what happened.

"If you need more vacation days, feel free to—"

"No, sir, that's not necessary," Niall responded right away. "I'd prefer to work."

"I see. That's good then." The boss said. "Condolence."

"Condolence?" Zayn asked himself, wondering why would their boss said something like that but then his conversation with Aiden. "Could it be?"

Zayn almost jumped from where he was standing when he heard the boss called his name. The piercing blue eyes from the blonde felt like burning a hole in his forehead.

"Yes?" He squeaked, walking closer to join the conversation.

"Aren't you supposed to get ready for the US tour?"

He glanced one more look from the blonde for a split second then pour his attention to the boss before answering.

"Of course," he flashed a toothy smile although, in all reality, he hated for another travel. All he does is travel nonstop, interrupting his sleep cycle. But at the same time, that could signal for more intimate moments with Niall. "I am so excited. Can't wait, really!" He clasped his hands altogether to show his fake enthusiasm.

*****

The blonde knew that his life was returning to normal with the hectic schedule that the lads were going to have. He cannot afford to breakdown at this moment—he cried all the tears a week ago. Grieving can wait but not now.

Niall was nearing to the conference room when he felt a presence behind him, realizing who it was.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Walking behind me. It's creepy," he said, glancing behind him, revealing Zayn with sad, puppy eyes.