Chapter 19

Hello, everyone! Here I am again, posting another update. I'm going to be busy until next week. I have an argumentative paper that is due on Monday then Midterms on Wednesday. But do not worry, I'm already done writing the update for next week and the week after that. For next week, I'll be posting two chapters.

I'm still working on writing chapter 23. My first draft was so horrible that I had to rewrite it.

I still appreciate the likes and the comments posted in every chapter. I'd like as well if you support my Twitter account @Shime_TheWriter.
*****
It has been a couple of days since Zayn got the most hurtful words he ever heard in his entire life. He was still recovering from the flu, but the heaviness of his heart was the one wearing him down. It took a lot to be bothered by something, it was ten times worse than the hate tweets he received every single day. But the thought of being compared to Aiden left a bad taste in his mouth. Zayn refused to accept whatever Niall said, that since he looked like the villain doesn't mean he was the villain as well.

The lads were currently in the recording to the studio, still sorting through the song drafts for their next album but Liam noticed that something was bothering Zayn. He was becoming more concerned and worried as he saw that Zayn was scowling and the tin can on Zayn's hand was being crushed by the way Zayn was grasping at it. Then, Liam glanced at Louis, who was giving him a questioning look.

"Mate, are you feelin' alright?" Liam asked, placing a hand on Zayn's shoulder. But as soon as his hand made contact to Zayn, he jumped from the shock by the way Zayn threw the tin can on the wall.

"Fuck!" Zayn yelled, startling the rest of the band in the room. "I can't accept this!"

Liam excused himself, pulling Zayn with him as they exit the room. They entered an empty conference room. He watched his bandmate kicked the plastic chair and crashing into the wall. Liam cringed at the sound erupted, bouncing on the four walls of the room.

"Hey!" Liam snapped. "What is going on with you?"

Zayn snapped his head to where Liam was standing and yelled, "Damn it, I'm a good person, but I don't deserve this shit!" His fist was clenching up at his sides. Irritation and annoyance were beating inside of him.

"What happened? Is this Perrie related?" Liam asked, assuming that their management told Zayn something. In the past, he noticed that Zayn would have the similar reaction when the management insisted that Zayn should do public appearances with Perrie like photo shoots or date Perrie where cameras were flashing on their faces.

"No," Zayn replied, gritting his teeth. "It's Niall."

"Niall? Why, what happened?" Liam asked. Being a good friend, he lent an ear as he let Zayn explained what happened days ago. He learned that Zayn was being compared Aiden-that was a bit shocking at least to him. But then a thought that came to him as the one he had before, that Zayn and Niall wouldn't end up together. "So you wanna give Niall up?"

As soon as the words pass through Zayn, the response that came out of him felt like a reflex, acting on instinct. "Hell no! I love Niall so much. Even if he hurt me like this, I can't give him up!" Zayn answered. "I'm just frustrated with the situation. I knew that I made a mistake when I let him go months ago when I knew that Aiden would hurt Niall. I just thought that if I let him be happy then everything would be okay, but I was wrong. I should've interfered with their relationship!"

All Liam could do was to be an understanding friend and just let Zayn vented his problem. He can't let Zayn lashed out on the fans later on when they do any press conference or do any kind of public appearances. After five years, Liam got a good idea what the personality Zayn has. He knew that Zayn bottled up all of his thoughts and emotions. Liam doesn't want for Zayn to explode in the public.