Chapter 59

I have been inactive for a while because of juggling between school and getting busy with WoW Legion. Hopefully that you'll enjoy this even though it's a bit short :)

*****

It has been almost a week since his encounter with Niall. He missed him terribly to the point that he was beginning to question his mental stability. That's how Niall influenced his life. He was his lifeline in a literal sense. Zayn tried calling Harry and Sophia; those people were close to him, but their response was nothing to help him. He was contemplating on calling his parent's number in Ireland, but he was too scared that the father would answer the phone.

For the meantime, he was going to do his best to hold on as much as he can while maintaining his sanity. It was not easy, but he would do it in hopes for Niall to come back to him.

Zayn had an early meeting today with the studio. Apparently, their head music producer was doing some quick changes to their upcoming album. Before going there, he thought he could get a coffee first at the nearest Starbucks. Luckily, it was too early the store was not packed yet with people. As he waited for his order to be served, he stood near the picking-up area, checking some well-designed mugs. Zayn looked sideways when he heard someone calling his name. The sad, gloomy morning he had turned into a horrible one when he saw a familiar face, smiling at him.

"I knew it was you, Zayn. How are you?" Zayn recognized the God-awful face. It was the ex-boyfriend of his ex-boyfriend and his arch nemesis who goes by the name of Aiden McCallister.

Zayn had to force a smile on his face, pretending that he was delighted to see him; his mouth twitched involuntarily out of irritation. "Oh, hey there, Aiden..."

"It was good to see you. It's been a while, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is," he replied, but he was more likely want to say: I'd prefer not to see you ever again.

"What are you doing here?"

Zayn gave Aiden a questioning look, but he still answered him. "Of course, to get some coffee. That's what you do at Starbucks, right?" He smiled with a devious meaning behind it. Eat that you little shit. You are annoying me, he thought.

"Right..." Aiden chuckled. "How are you and Niall doing?"

"We're doing good, as always," Zayn smiled, but deep inside, he knew that Aiden was trying to stir trouble between them, and he was not stupid enough to take the bait. As usual, he tried to act normal about it.

Zayn was more than delighted when his order has been called. Those minutes standing next to Aiden felt like million years. He can't wait to get the hell out of that store, but when Aiden called him, he can't help but scowl. But once he turned around, he forced a smile on his smile. The words Aiden spoke left Zayn in a confused state.

"I'm quite surprised that you weren't at the wake or even at the funeral."

"Wake? Funeral? What are you talking about?" Zayn asked, wondering if this was some kind of evil plan Aiden planned. "Who died?"

"Didn't you knew?" Aiden questioned. "Niall's nephew, Theo. He died."

"Wh-what?" Zayn blinked multiple times, wondering if he heard the words correctly. "What did you just say?"

"He passed away."

Anger flowed through Zayn, mouth twitched involuntarily in rage. "Is this some kind of sick joke?" He growled lowly, not wanting to make a scene publicly. "Niall loved that kid, and for you to make up lies at something like this tells me that you have one fuckin' twisted mind!"