Chapter 28

Happy New Year!

In all honesty, I tried leaving the fandom, hence the intro message from the previous chapter. No matter how hard I try to fight it, I can't escape from this. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one. When I said that I won't write any more fanfictions, but then ideas kept popping in my head. What am I supposed to do with that?

If any of you noticed that I don't log in on my Tumblr and Twitter that much anymore. I think I'd prefer not knowing any news about the band, whether good or bad, I think my heart tightens and let me tell you that I don't like that feeling (not to mention Zayn's love life). As they say, ignorance is bliss. I think I'd rather keep myself in the dark than face the reality.

For the meantime, I think I will imprison myself in this bubble of mine where Ziall is so fine and dandy. In that case, I'm going to start a new story. Of course, it's Ziall. Well, what do you expect from me? I got inspired by these books that I've read recently, focusing on crossdressing. I remembered I started one before but it ended badly, and I think I want to get another stab at it. As of now, I only had the concept but no plot and no title just yet. Hopefully, it would attract more readers.

*****

The creaking sound of the hardwood floor against the sole of Niall's rubber shoes was the only sound could be heard from the living room of the Horan's residence. Panic filled his entire being as the multiple scenarios were running in his creative mind, wondering what could've happened to his boyfriend. They were gone for the last six hours.

"Niall, you need to calm down," his mother eased his worried son. Worry and fear were evident on his face but knowing his husband, he might've done something to the poor fella.

"Calm down?" Niall abruptly turned, facing his mother with anguish on his face. "My boyfriend is missing and Dad hasn't called yet. What if..." He felt his lips quiver in the realization that something did happen to his boyfriend.

"Don't be ridiculous, Niall. He won't do that to your boyfriend," Greg reassured his brother, trying to pack his things up because he was leaving in the afternoon to visit his sick son in the hospital.

"Ridiculous? It doesn't even begin to scratch whatever I'm thinking right now. Let me remind you these words: 'Riley O' Donnell.'" Niall growled, unable to hide his exploding and conflicting thoughts.

"Well, that's a different story..." Greg countered back, recalling what happened to the poor man.

"Different? How different was that?" No person should endure that kind of cruelty, Niall thought. "That poor man has been hospitalized for a whole week as if you don't remember."

"I do remember, Niall. Very clearly," Greg replied, as he put some kiddie stuff in his bag. "I do empathize with him but he should've seen it coming, after harassing Dad's customers. It's not good for business."

"But still..." Niall trailed off, trying to reason out his brain. "But Dad shouldn't have done that to Mr. O' Donnell."

"I'm sure that Dad won't murder your boyfriend," their mother squeezed into the conversation, hoping that her statement was a fact.

All three of them were startled by the sound of a closing car door outside was heard inside the house. Niall didn't waste any time to ran himself out of the door. A sense of relief escaped from him as soon as he saw Zayn breathing and in one piece. Niall hugged tightly his boyfriend but then he felt something weird on Zayn. Zayn was greasy, sweaty, and grimy as if he finished a full-blown military boot camp.

Niall pushed himself away with a questioning look on his face. "Zayn, what happened to you?" And when his boyfriend didn't respond and couldn't look directly at him, Niall felt his blood was boiling with rage, and redirected his attention to his father, who was still carrying his gun as he exited the vehicle.