Chapter 33

Another update! Some of you might love this chapter, some of you might not. Either way, I still think that this is an excellent chapter, for the most part.

*****

A vast of nothingness was all Niall could see. His bare feet were slightly buried in the white sand. When he looked down, he noticed a hospital gown covered his entire body. He doesn't know how it got there. Niall glanced from left to right, up and down, looking for someone to tell him what was going on but it seemed like he was the only one there—in the middle of nowhere.

A blinding light appeared, giving the blonde difficulty of seeing things. He used his left hand to cover his eyes but a whispering voice startled him.

Don't go into the light...

He turned around but saw no one was there. Then, he heard it again.

Don't go into the light...

"Who are you! Show yourself!" Niall screamed but it echoed, hearing his voice over and over again. He realized that he was all alone and no one was going to rescue him. Niall bent his knees as he sobbed that his life might be over.

When he thought that hope was all gone, a hazy apparition was forming before his very eyes. Niall recognized the man—it was Zayn, crying his eyes out. What surprised the blonde was seeing his boyfriend crying his unconscious body lying on a hospital bed.

"Am I dead?" He questioned. The bad memories flashed in his head—the one right after he walked out on Malik's residence. Niall remembered how he sprint walk so Zayn wouldn't be able to catch up with him. But before he could do anything, his left arm became numb as his chest tightened, unable for him to breathe properly. And the next thing Niall knew was him standing right here in the middle of nowhere.

"Please, wake up, Niall... Don't leave me here... I need you, Pumpkin..."

Those words struck him in some way. Determination filled up in his existence. This was not the end for him, not just yet. His family needed him. His boyfriend needed him. It was too early to give in.

Niall closed his eyes, his fists were clenching on the side. All he had to do was to put all his energy and concentration on the one person that meant to him—Zayn.

And when he opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the ceiling, recognizing the beeping sound of machines behind him. Niall squirmed on the bed, feeling something in his throat. As instincts kicked in, he grabbed whatever on his mouth, trying to pull it out.

"Doctor! Doctor!" He recognized the panic voice from his boyfriend. Within seconds, a doctor entered the room, followed by nurses to check up on the patient.

"Mr. Horan, you have a breathing tube, helping you to breathe. We will take it out. Blink once if you understand," Niall did what he was told, wanting to get the tube out of his body because it was suffocating him. After a few minutes, Niall was breathing on his own, wiping the tears from his cheek.

"Thank God, you're alright!" Zayn interjected, caressing the blonde's hand.

"Mr. Horan, you had a heart attack. This is very alarming, considering your age. You seem awfully young to develop a cardiac arrest." There was nothing left to do but for Niall to stare at the doctor. It was all coming back to him. Niall had a heart attack because of the heaviness of the stress that he undergoes after his boyfriend's father accusing him of extortion. "According to your medical records, you have a heart condition called Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy. It is triggered by stress, most especially, emotional stress."

"I know all about that, Doctor," Niall answered, not wanting to remember when a doctor from before explained it to him. He knew all about it. If only Niall could just pretend that he didn't have it, then everything would be a little bit better.