Chapter 52

Here is a new update to indulge on before I get busy with my studies. Enjoy reading :)

*****

It has been several hours since his encounter with Zayn, and now, Niall found himself lying down on a bed in a dark-lit room. The moonlight peeked through the window and some flashing lights outside of the building. He glanced to the left, seeing Zayn sleeping peacefully, holding onto his hand securely.

The video was still reeling on his mind. Things were not making any sense to him. Why would Perrie have Zayn on a bed doing disgusting things? And what about those messages that Zayn insisted that he never got?

He sighed deeply, trying to think things through. Was it really worth it to pursue this toxic relationship? It was affecting him, affecting Zayn, and all the people around them. Maybe they should call it quits as soon as possible, as long as they can still live apart from one another. But there's one thing for sure that Zayn would never agree to those terms. Niall was not at all oblivious to the fact that Zayn was madly in love with him, and he feels the same way.

"Pumpkin..." Niall snapped out of his thoughts after hearing the hoarse voice originating beside him.

"Yes?"

"What's on your mind?" Zayn asked, not wanting to open the issue about their problems. As much as he can, he wanted Niall not to feel any kind of stress, considering what they went through hours ago. Zayn wanted nothing but to leave it all behind and start anew.

What all Niall saw was the concern in those golden amber eyes, he wanted not to worry Zayn any further but lying about it was going to make their situation even worse. He gently pressed back into their hands together.

"I'm just tired..." He sighed, not physically tired but emotionally exhausted. Although this shouldn't be a shock to him that his boyfriend was one of the most desirable guy in the entire world, he didn't expect that he would get his dream guy in the end.

"Then, get more sleep," Zayn caressed his boyfriend on the forehead, placing a gentle kiss on it. A smile spread across his face when he felt Niall squirming beneath him, but he frowned when the blonde pushed him away. That's one thing he didn't want when he was getting all mushy with his special someone.

"What's wrong?" He dared to ask, tried his best for his voice not to sound offended.

"That's not what I meant."

"Then what is it?" Zayn felt his heart beating so hard inside of him, sensing that the blonde would deliver news that's unappealing to him. He doesn't want to hear those words, considering what happened for the past few days.

The way those golden amber eyes let Niall feel that he was about to cast down a judgment towards his boyfriend which made him feel like a horrible person. Of course, he wanted to stay with Zayn but these things erupting on their relationship sprout doubts within Niall.

"You know that I love you, right?"

As much as Zayn wanted to hold it in, he couldn't. He was aware that what Niall was going to say and he refused to let Niall disappear from his life. Ever since they got together, his life changed completely into better. The bad habits he developed through the years seemed like a bad memory from the past. He was also starting to become more social about the people around him and the fans, and also handling the stress of his bashers on the Internet. Overall, Niall turned him into a better version of himself. Zayn was terrified that the light Niall cast down on him would disappear, and the darkness of his heart would resurface again.

Niall is his savior, literally.

"Stop right there!" Zayn raised his voice, feeling the anger swelling up inside of him. "Don't you dare say it!"

"But—" He didn't even let Niall finish his sentence as he grabbed Niall towards his shirt, pulling him closer to him as their lips smash together. The raven-haired boy didn't waste any second to let Niall feel the desperation within.

"I am not going to lose you..." He hushed. Tears were pooling out of his golden amber eyes, intensifying the agony he felt. "I don't care if I sound like a pathetic loser, begging and pleading for you to stay." He slid his hands towards Niall's arms, caressing it gently.

"But Zayn... the video..."

"I told you it wasn't me!" Zayn whined. "How many times do I have to explain it to you?"

"But it was you, Zayn..." Niall said. "The guy in the video has the same skin tone, same tattoos like yours, the same hairstyle. Zayn, this is enough evidence that you slept with her."

"Those things might be true, but the guy in the video didn't show his face so it's not yet proven that it was me on the video."

Both of them were getting frustrated with the situation. It seemed like they were going in circles with no ending point. The tension between them was getting worse by the minute.

"Look..." Niall sighed, not wanting for this pointless argument to go on any further. "We can't go on like this, Zayn."

"So, what are you suggesting then?"

"Let's take some space from one another."

And there it was. The fear in Zayn was turning into a reality.

"Absolutely not! That's the worse suggestion," Zayn voiced out his disagreement. "That space will lead into breaking up, and I'm not gonna let that happen!"

"But Zayn—"

"No means no, Niall!" Zayn was adamant about his decision. He invested too much time in this relationship and his heart only wanted this Irish blonde guy. Losing him was not an option at all. "You know what, let's just sleep, okay?" he continued, dismissing the discussion between them.

"Okay..."

*****

Liam stood with worry as his eyes observed the retreating back of Louis and Sophia. There was something about their body expressions and the way they glanced at one another. But that uneasiness was pushed aside the moment growling voices erupted through the air. It came from Niall and Zayn. They were both bickering, but the most surprising moment is when Niall played a video on his phone. There were no words to describe how surprised and stunned he was seeing Zayn and Perrie having sex.

That fact alone was very disturbing. As far as he knows, Zayn doesn't like Perrie, at least not that way, but the evidence was right there screaming at my face. The guy on the video had the same body type as Zayn, has the same tattoos, and hairstyle. You could say that it was an identical duplicate of Zayn. But how could Zayn do this to Niall, knowing that he was madly and deeply in love with their Irish assistant?

Something was definitely wrong...

When the outburst came to an end, the uneasiness he felt still bothered him. To finally answer his own question, he dared to follow Louis and Sophia until he saw them going inside to a restaurant. He made sure to take a table as close as possible to them without them noticing. But no matter what he did, he can't hear them clearly due to the loud music in the entire restaurant. But when the music stopped suddenly, Liam felt his heart stopped for a second when he heard Sophia talking.

"Louis... I'm pregnant, and you are the father..."