Chapter 66

"Oh, Zayn, it's you..." Louis gasped, winking at Zayn, pretending that this was an unexpected visit. If Niall found out that he was the one who called Zayn, he might wish he was never born. "What a surprise!"

"I know you were the one talking to him on the phone," Niall grunted, throwing a deathly glare towards the brunette.

"What do you—Okay fine, I did call him," Louis said. "You were drunk at this hour," Louis pointed at the wall clock, stating it was only ten o'clock in the morning. "Alcohol is supposed to be consumed during night time."

"Who are you to—" Niall slurred, knees wobbled until he tripped over his own feet. He was expecting for his face to meet with the floor but he felt a warm touch, catching him. And when he saw those familiar golden amber eyes looking at him with such sadness that made him more infuriated.

"Let go of me!" Zayn slowly released his grip from the blonde when he snarled at him. The mere thought of Niall hated his guts was killing him, literally. He frowned, avoiding those blue eyes that wanted to dig a hole on his forehead.

"What is going on with you two?" Louis interjected. Ever since the blonde arrived at his flat at an early hour in the morning, demanding for alcohol beverages. All he could do was to watch his best friend consumed six bottles of beer within the half-hour. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to deduce that the blonde was going through something. Louis knew that it was Zayn-related issue.

"Nothing!" Niall snarled, walking away from the doorstep. He ignored the weakening sensation on his knees, forcing himself to walk towards the living room. "I need booze! Booze is my friend!"

Louis and Zayn just exchanged glances from one another.

"What happened, Zayn?" Louis asked. "Why is Niall acting like you two broke up?"

"Because we did," Niall answered, raising his voice slightly, and to make a strong statement towards the raven-haired boy. Louis had his mouth gaped open as he turned towards the blonde on the couch then looked back at Zayn who was frowning, looking at the floor.

"Why—How—What..." Louis was indeed speechless. It felt like his head was spinning in circles, not knowing which is up and down. He cleared his throat after a couple of seconds, trying to process what he just heard.

It took the brunette a minute to absorb what he just found out. Now, it was starting to make sense that his best friend was acting weird. He knew that Niall would never get his ass drunk off at early in the morning, considering his heritage of strong alcohol tolerance.

"I don't understand..." Louis mumbled, looking for answers in those golden amber eyes. Then, Zayn started to tell his side of the story. "So, you didn't cheat at all."

"No," Zayn stated. "I would never do that to Niall. You know me, Louis. I have been mad, crazily, and desperately head over heels in love with Niall."

Louis nodded, believing every single word coming from the raven-haired boy. There was no way Zayn would hurt Niall like that, it was not possible at all.

"I agree with you," Louis said, walking next to Zayn then spoke in a low voice, small enough for the blonde not to hear it. "I cannot have you two break up. My Ziall people would be devastated, giving way to depression and ending up in death. You don't want that, do you?"

Zayn chuckled, shaking his head at Louis' making him feel guilty. Even without Louis' fan club, he would never let Niall walked away from him.

"Some friend you are!" Niall scowled, pouting as he crossed his arms over his chest. Even with the blonde being angry, it ended up being so cute and adorable.