Chapter 21

Zayn was fuming with anger and rage with the words coming out from Anthony. He would not let him be separated with Niall. It took him seven months to be with Niall and he was not going to let Anthony break them apart even if he got kicked out of the band. Niall was way more important than his music career.

"You can't do that!" Zayn growled, hugging his crying boyfriend. His eyebrows were scrunching together as his golden amber eyes were filled with anger, lots of it.

"I will do whatever I want!" Anthony replied with the same intensity as with Zayn. "I will not let a repeat of what happened between Harry and Louis."

"Why are you blaming this on me?" Zayn asked. "Me and Niall will not end up like Harry and Louis. We're both stronger than that!"

"I don't wanna see you in here, Niall," Anthony spoke with the coldest voice ever. "Hiring you is the biggest mistake I've ever made!"

Zayn snapped, wanting to rip Anthony's neck and screamed, "You know what, fuck you!" He growled. "If you're going to fire Niall then I quit! I've had enough of you controlling me!"

And somehow that caught Anthony's attention. He made think twice of speaking anything at the moment. He can't have Zayn quitting the most famous boy band in the world and one of the most desirable boy band member in the music industry.

"Look Zayn, this video of you two made got so much buzzing in the social media sites," Anthony reasoned with the enraged boy. "We haven't made any official statements yet and I don't want you to look like you're cheating on Perrie, which, by the way, your girlfriend."

"I. Do. Not. Fucking. Care." Zayn reiterated every single word. His judgments were so much clouded with rage that he wasn't thinking straight at the moment. All he wanted to do was to be with Niall, even if it meant leaving his best friends.

"And let me remind you that you are still under contract."

"You do know that I don't respond to any threats," Zayn said with a low tone, transitioning into hostility. "Do whatever you want but I'm not letting you separate Niall and me. I made a name for myself and even if you kicked me out of the band, I can still make it in this industry so don't you fucking threaten me!"

Zayn stood up, guiding his emotionally beaten down boyfriend out of the room. He can't stand anymore in the presence of these manipulating people. At first, he could tolerate them until Niall showed him the light that saved him the eternal darkness and now that he breathed and lived in his love, there was no way he would give it up. He would fight until the very end as long as Niall was by his side.

"Zayn, get your ass back here!" He heard Anthony screaming the heck out, but he ignored it, slamming the door behind him.

He continued caressing Niall on the back until they found themselves in the hallway. The feeling of his boyfriend breaking down in front of him was somehow piercing in his insides and Zayn doesn't like that one bit.

"I'm sorry..." He heard Niall spoke all of a sudden, making them stop walking.

Zayn used his right hand, pushing up Niall's chin to look at him. The glassy look in the blue eyes staring at him with so much sadness and somehow twisting in his heart, making him breathless in a bad way.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I ruined your career, Zayn," Niall bit his lower lip, restraining himself to shed more tears. "I'm so sorry. It's all my fault..."

"Pumpkin, that is not your fault. Actually, I'm glad that you did that because now I know that you feel strong about me," Zayn chuckled, hoping it was good enough to change the sad emotions in his boyfriend. "Besides, I'd rather lose my job than to lose you."

Niall was feeling a lot of emotions at the moment but hearing those sweet, endearing words from Zayn was making him a little bit better. But still, Niall doesn't think that he can forgive himself for destroying the career that Zayn made for the last five years or so. With just a couple of minutes in the bathroom, the hard work Zayn put for years just went into the trash. Niall could visualize in his head that in the morning, Zayn's career will be over and it's all because of him and his stupid, reckless decision.

"No, you're going to get back in there and tell Anthony that you made a mistake of yelling at him and snogging at me in the bathroom," Niall begged. At the back of his mind, he could still hope that Zayn can be fixed the errors that they made.

"I'm not gonna do that," Zayn said with a defensive tone. "I finally got out of their grabby, manipulative hands."

"But, Zayn—" Niall was unable to finish his sentence and felt one of Zayn's fingers was pressing against his lip, telling him to stop talking.

"I know it'll be a struggle first and I'm willing to go through all of that but please Niall, don't walk away from me. I am so fucking into you and I can't have you leaving me," Zayn said with an utmost sincerity in his voice.

No matter what Niall thought doesn't matter anymore after hearing those pleas. It would be stupid of him to argue any further. He knew that Zayn was making the right decision. Niall saw how Zayn struggled under the management and now they were given a chance to make it right. He would do his best to help Zayn build up his career if it's the last thing he does.

"Can I still be your assistant once you go solo?"

"Of course, Pumpkin," Zayn smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Niall was scared, terrified even on the journey that he was about to embarked on but with Zayn on his side, there was nothing he couldn't accomplish. As a gesture of gratitude, he placed a quick kiss on Zayn's lips that Zayn reciprocated with much more intensity.

"Come on, let's tell the lads that my boy band days are over..."
*****
Am I that evil to end this chapter with this? LOL.