Chapter 46

The raven-haired lad was pacing back and forth; his imagination was running wild. The things and possibilities popping inside of his head were not good at all. All emotions hit him in every direction, including the fear and worry that he might not be able to see the most important person in his life.

He heard Liam chuckling, wondering if that was a good sign. He sprinted towards Liam, pressing his ears on the phone, trying to listen to the conversation but he wasn't able to as Liam pushed him off. Zayn glared back, muttering swearing words. He must find Niall right away.

"So what now?" Zayn asked irritably, seeing Liam terminating the call.

"Harry said that he hasn't seen Niall. Maybe we should call his folks. He's most likely to go there," Liam suggested.

"Yes, that's a good idea," Louis said, suddenly appearing from behind. He still put distance between him and the raven haired lad to ensure his safety.

"I don't know..." Zayn replied, biting his fingernails off, showing his anxiousness. What was he supposed to say or even ask his parents? Once Zayn told the parents the false information, the Horan family would be most likely to curse Zayn, and that was the last thing that he wanted to happen, most notably Bobby, Niall's father, who absolutely hated his guts.

"No, I don't think so..." Zayn answered quickly. "That's too obvious. He must be somewhere."

"Oh, okay then. How about if we call it a night then search first thing tomorrow morning," Liam said, glancing at his wrist watch, indicating that it was almost twelve in the morning.

"I don't think I can fall asleep, now that my boyfriend is missing."

"You mean, ex-boyfriend?" Zayn had to glare at Liam for teasing him. "Sorry, I couldn't help."

*****

As the night progressed and after over ten sleeping positions, sleep was not coming to Zayn. Anxiety filled his mind, including the worry and fear that Niall was leaving him for good. The longer those thoughts stayed in his head, the more that it was becoming more of reality.

Zayn frowned, looking at his mobile phone. Seeing the background image on his phone drew a weak smile across his face. It was one of the best moment of his life, it was the picture he took when they were start dating.

"Come on, Pumpkin..." Zayn begged, wanting to take a picture of them to save as his screensaver on his phone.

"No means no, Zayn. I looked ridiculous."

"No, you're not. You always looked immaculate to me."

"Ha-ha funny, Zayn. Buttering me up won't get you nowhere," Niall scowled at his boyfriend, fully knowing that those words were empty at all. But even though, he couldn't help but smile with the cheesiness of his boyfriend.

"I'm no—Why are you smiling?"

"Shut up! I'm not," Niall pressed his lips together in a thin line, trying to suppress the obvious smile on his face but the redness pigmentation appearing on his face doesn't help at all.

"Yes, you are..." Zayn teased, grinning. He ran his hand over his boyfriend's cheeks, caressing it. And it didn't take that much time until he saw the cheeks were changing colors from pale to rosy ones.

"Just leave me alone," Niall threatened, but somehow those words didn't mean anything because he liked the fact that Zayn was teasing him.

"Please..." Zayn clasped his hands together like he was praying, batting his long, thick eyelashes to give more effect on his Malik charm. Within seconds, he liked the expression from the blonde.