Chapter 23

Update time! Since the boys are taking a break, I'm going to take a break on writing too lol. Just kidding. I already have written and edited the next chapter. But that one is devastating chapter (not want to say any more details hehe...)

By the end of the chapter, you'll know what the future chapters are going to be. Once again, I'd like to advertise my Twitter (@Shime_TheWriter).
*****
With the chirping birds outside was enough for Zayn to cut short his sleep. He slowly forced his eyelids to open as the sun rays were peeking in from his windows. His entire body was aching like shit as he recalled the beating he took from Liam. He wondered why Liam would act that way...

All of his thoughts came to a stop when he heard a thundering voice coming outside from the bedroom, realizing he was all alone in the room. But then, he heard a screaming voice originating from outside.

"You fuckin' bastard!" Zayn recognized the familiar Irish accent. With the concern and worry filling up his inside, he forced himself up from the bed. As soon as he opened the door, he saw his boyfriend flapping his arms, indicating that he was indeed flipping angry at someone. Who could it be, Zayn thought.

"Pumpkin..." He called out as he lets out a yawn. "Who are you talkin' to at six o'clock in the morning?"

He saw how Niall spun on his heels. The angry expression on Niall disappeared immediately and changed into a surprised one. Right away, Zayn saw how Niall smiled back again.

"Uh... no one," Niall replied back, flashing his pearly white teeth back. "It was just my landlord reminding me that the rent payment is due this week."

After spending a good quality time with someone, you could know little things about them such as their quirks, their likes and dislikes, and lastly if they were lying to you. A smile with his teeth was a good indication that Niall lied as Zayn learned throughout the years. Zayn wondered why Niall would lie to him. He hoped that Aiden was not getting into the picture again. If he did, Zayn would surely put Aiden where he actually belongs.

After taking a quick shower, Zayn was at the kitchen table as Niall cooked an egg and prepared him a toasted bread with butter on it, sprinkling a dash of sugar on top of it. The saliva in his mouth thickened as his golden amber eyes stared at the feast in front of him. Although Zayn was not a big eater, but when the love of his life prepared his food like these, it was too hard to ignore it.

There was a balance in the crunchiness of the bread and the sweetness of the sugar exploding in his mouth. Zayn had to shut his eyes to amplify the overwhelming taste in his tongue. This was exquisite, he thought.

"Do you want some coffee?" He heard Niall asking him as he opened his eyes open again. He replied with a nod as he continued chewing his breakfast delightedness.

"Yes please," Zayn chuckled, batting his long eyelashes at his boyfriend. And all Niall could do was to laugh at Zayn's antics.

After doing dishes, the couple decided to just cuddle on the sofa. Both of them were quiet as they got into the movie playing on the TV screen. No matter what Niall does, he couldn't help but to glance repeatedly at the wall clock. He watched as the second hand moved around as his decisions were still being played in his head. Niall wondered which one was better for him in the long run.

As his heartbeat sped up, his body was reacting the same way and it was noticed by his boyfriend. Zayn caressed Niall at the back of his neck to relax him and somehow it does the trick. After a few more strokes, Zayn dared to ask the question.

"Are you alright?" Niall pulled back, looking at his boyfriend. He tried answering the question but the way Zayn was looking at him, it felt like Zayn was staring at him with so much love and adoration, and Niall couldn't do what he was supposed to do.