"baby love"

**Michael's Point Of View**

I gulped hardly and stood frozen. Shana? What is she doing here? She smiled faintly with roses in her hands. "Hey." She said stepping forward. She embraced me and sighed. "Gosh Michael I'm so sorry. It's all over the news. How are you feeling?" She asked while pulling away. I looked down and sighed. "I'm not okay." She reached for my face, and stroked my cheek with her thumb. "You don't look so good. Come on let's get inside." She instructed while grabbing my hand. We went inside and she closed the door behind her. I'm really not in the mood for any company. It's nice she tried to reach out but I'd rather be alone right now.

"Can I make you anything?" She asked letting go of my hand, and removing her purse from her shoulder. She walked in the kitchen and looked in my pantry. "No Shana." I said weakly as I took a seat in my living room. "I'm fine, I'm not hungry." I rested  my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. "Are you sure?" - "Yes." I told her. All of a sudden I felt her warm palm against my forehead. "You're a bit warm." - "Shana, I'll be okay. I just want to get some rest." I told her. "Ohh.. Well. Am I bothering you?" She asked. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "No. I wasn't expecting any company that's all." She sighed and took a seat next to me.

She leaned over and played in my curls. I sighed and looked down. I thought I'd be ecstatic to see her again, but truthfully I'm kind of not. Not to sound cruel or anything. It's just that I moved on with my life. I am glad she thought of me at a time like this. But I need time alone to think about my girlfriend. "Well let's get you to bed then. You don't look too good babe." She said pulling me from the couch. She helped me to my room with her arm around my waist. She laid me down and covered my body with the sheets. I forced a smile and thanked her. "You're welcome." She whispered while rubbing my face. I swallowed hard and looked away.

"Michael, I've missed you." She said brokenly. My eyes found hers. She sighed and looked down. "I'm sorry but I had to say it. I know it's not the right time, but I thought I should let you know." I took a deep breath and ran my fingers across my face. "I know I haven't had the time to talk to you. But I did want to apologize for everything. I never meant to hurt you." He opened her eyes and could see water pouring out. She sniffled and wiped her face. "You really did hurt me Michael. You hurt me so bad." - "I really didn't mean to." - "I just don't understand why you never told me that you still had feelings for Jesika. Why'd you string me along like that?" - "I didn't realize I was still in love with her until she reunited in my life and came back here. I didn't think I would tell you "no" in front of your family and friends. It just happened. I couldn't hurt you like that. I couldn't lead you to believe that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, because I didn't. I couldn't live a lie again."

"I was so good to you Michael. I never would've hurt you, ever. I was in love with you. You became apart of me. I thought I was good enough. You asked me to marry you. You told me I was the one. You told me you'd never hurt me." - "Shana, I never told you I was perfect. Ok?" - "I know you're not perfect, I know that -" She sighed and shook her head. I rubbed my temples and sighed. "Shana, right now is not a good time to be discussing this. In case you've forgotten." She sniffled. "No I haven't. I just came here to tell you how I felt, and to tell you how sorry I am for your girlfriend. I hope she pulls through." My eyes watered as I looked in her eyes and forced a smile. She leaned down and kissed my cheek.

She wiped my tears and stared in my eyes. She looked down to my lips and looked away. "I'm going to go now okay?" She said almost in tears. I nodded. She wiped her face and left. I sighed and closed my eyes.

** THREE DAYS LATER **

Jesika's results is still the same. Nothing has changed. It's been hard to visit since the first day. I hate seeing her like that. I'd rather call and hear her results instead. I've tried reaching out to Susan but she doesn't return my calls. Daisy has been checking on me everyday. We have gotten closer over the past couple of days. I haven't been to work since the incident. My faculty and staff has sent me cards and flowers wishing me well. My students all wrote me a letter. It has made me feel a little better. But I'm still paining through all of this.